Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Uglydoll

Don't know what to do... (new here)

Hi everyone:

First of all excuse me if my english is not perfect, but is not my mother thongue....

I developed acne recently, about 7 months ago. I'm 31 and prior to that my skin was flawless. My derm doctor prescribed me with diacneal, wich burned my face horribly, and then I switched to tretinoin, which didn't do anything. Things just seem to get worst every day. Most of all, scars seem to form out of nowhere.

So I've been reading many post on this message boards and I tried the self needling experience.I did it as directed: I cleaned my skin very well, washed my hands, used insuline needles and didn't poke deep.

Oh, what a great mistake! So far the result is:

1. Holes (like ice pick scars) where they didn't use to be

2. Bruises all over my cheek

3. Wrinkles all around the holes (sometimes I see myself like Freddy Krugger)

I feel extremely depressed. I don't understand how could I did this to myself (I mean, the self needling, I know acne is not my fault).

The worst part of all is that now I'm thinking on going for something more agresive: dermabrasion. But your comments in this forums about the procedure are not very encouraging either...

I have no money for fraxel or very expensive treatments.

Sorry If I don't post pics. I haven't had the courage to take pictures since this happened to me.

I feel a great sympathy for all of those here who have suffered this for years. I've never thought I would have to face this, it's heartbraking.

Thanks in advance for all your comments.

HELP ME, HELP ME, please.

I'd stay away from dermabrasion man.

If you do do dermabrasion...be prepared to have downtime for 6 months.

I had it 3 months 1 week 1 day ago...I'm still reddish/pinkish in the area i had and it didn't really improve me in fact I think it looks worse in certain lights better in certain lights...so not really what I was looking for at all.

If you had barely any scars before I am guessing your scarring isn't terrible now...so keep your acne clear...don't do any self needling or that bs. Then look into peels, tca cross and microdermabrasion.

Don't do anything too severe like DERMabrasion. Go look up the risks of the procedures if you don't believe me, I didn't know the risks.

Now i know.

I agree with the above post. If you scarred easily from needling, then something as abrasive as dermabrasion could make things worse. I would stick to peels until your acne clears up, and I always recommend copper peptides (super CP serum) because they have caused so much improvement in my own scarring (40% at least.) If you wanted to try it, nonablative laser could help, such as fraxel:restore, but it's expensive and would probably only help with minor scarring (it depends on how your skin responds and how deep the doctor is willing to go.) Good luck!

I agree with the above posts :)

if it helps at all, i scar very easilly as well. ive found super copper peptides stops the scarring so def give it a go. i hope you see the same result :)

First off... If you haven't stopped breakouts, there's no point in working on scars. Try not to worry about that for now. It's odd that someone would start having this at this age. Unless you're female, then I think sometimes that can happen. Try not to over wash and mess with your face too much. That will just make it worse. Try to leave it alone as much as possible. Try not to stare at it all the time and over analyze it... This will just upset you more and make it worse. Typically it can get worse with stress. I think what happens is that a lot of people start freaking out, and they just stare and stare at their face all day, and it's like they literally start seeing all kinds of things that they think are happening. Some might be, others might not. It's just a traumatic thing that I think can mess with people's heads, and that's where you start thinking that scars are 'appearing out of nowhere' and that kind of stuff. When in reality, lots of times it's just hard to notice all the changes, due to lighting and stuff.

It's hard to know how bad it is without photos, but if you think it's really bad, ask your doc about accutane. Then if you can get it cleared up, wait about 6 months, and then you can start thinking about whatever scar help you may need. But for now, try not to freak out too much and just go one step at a time. Also, for females I think there might be some sort of hormone supplement or something? But I don't know a lot about that. I think breakouts late in life for females is usually hormone related. Ask your doc about that.

Thank you all for yout support. I think I need psichological support for this, it's really taking over my life. I try so hard every day, and I look at it on they mirror all they long. I feel ashamed to let anyone see me, most of all friends I haven't seen since this started to happen. It looks so bad, I can't accept my face became so ruined in just 7 months. By the way, yes I'm a female.

I know you're right when you say I have to wait until my acne clears out before I get any treatment. I wish I wasn't so vain, I know what counts is what you have inside, but still I can't get over this for now. That is why i did the neddling thing. I thought I would heal o.k. as I had never had any scaring from previous accidents. I had 2 reconstructive surgerys on my mouth from an accident i had years ago and the scars are just imperceptible, also, last year I had a serious cut on my finger and I have no scars from that at all.

I have the feeling that the skin on my face is degrading, do you feel or have you experienced that also? Is like the skin is getting thiner and just really bad all over.

Well, thanks again for your support, I have to accept my skin won't be the same again, but I hope it gets a little better soon.

Take care.

Well, unfortunately the skin does degrade over time... whether you have acne or not, along with most other parts of the body. It takes a lot more work to be in shape than when you're younger. I have lines in my face that I never had 10 years ago. You can look into doing more stuff each day to try and make things better.

Stop using the trentinoin. That *hit is a nightmare. I think it unearths scars and it also makes your skin fragile as hell, so if you still breakout, you scar terribly.

The scars could be coming from the tret or it's because your acne has healed and you're seeing the scars that were covered by inflammation.

If you're a woman, get on some hormone therapy. You have adult acne.

take care of your acne...get a good skin regimen. do light things...if you are a girl it is easier to wear makeup too...so find a good makeup for when you go out at night with your friends.