Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gbrunner12

I cant do the Regimen twice a day

I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find it in the forums. Anyways, during the week I have to wake up really early for school and I don't have time to do anything except get dressed, eat breakfast, and then out the door to school. If I only do the Regimen once a day (twice on weekends), will I still see results?

Lots of busy people do the Regimen twice a day. Is it possible to set your alarm for earlier so you have time?

Most people get best results by doing it twice daily. You may or may not be able to get clear if you only do it once per day.

It takes more than 10 minutes; you're supposed to wait at least 5 minutes between the cleanser to BP and BP to moisturizer. And it's pretty much impossible for me to wake up at 6:30 to get to school by 7. I'll try to wake up at 6 and do the Regimen, but I doubt I can do that every single day. I was hoping maybe I could get away with doing it once a day.

Ive only ever done the program in the evening because I dont want the BP under make up. Admittedly, my "acne" was very light, but for me, it worked and Im thrilled with it. You can only do what you can do right? :) It probably depends on your skin of course! Best of luck.

Hi there, I'm a student too! I need to be at school by 7, so I made arrangements to wake up earlier every day to do the regimen as soon as I wake up at around 5:30 to 6. I know what it's like to be a busy student, but getting up earlier every day is well worth it. While I'm waiting for the BP to dry, I usually check my email and eat breakfast before I leave for the day.

Look, it's rlly easy. I'll accomodate the regimen to your lifestyle.

1)Wake up

2)Cleanse face(around 3-4min.)

3)Dress up(around 5min?)

4)Go to the kitchen floor and apply the BP(around 3-4min.)

5)Eat breakfeast and wait a few min.(depends how fast you eat + few minutes if it's under 10min.)

6)Apply moisturizer

7)Leave

That's like, an extra 6-8min. 10min top.

I once asked a similar question, and someone told me he had SEVERE acne and was cleared up by doing the regimen once a day. He said he started with twice a day until he was clear though, and then maintained his clear skin by doing the regimen just at night.

I completely understand how the thought of doing the regimen twice a day for YEARS is annoying. I have always spent SO much time on my skin. When doing the regimen, my hands got sooo raw and dry from washing my hands in between each step. I would put on more and more and more and more lotion and my hands would still just hurt all the time!

I was absolutely fed up of spending hours a day on my skin, for ten years, so now I'm on accutane.

But anyway- don't let people make you feel lazy or anything for not wanting to lose half an hour of sleep every night until you grow out of your acne.

Would you be able to do it twice a day just for three or four months, and THEN switch down to once a day once you're clear?

If not, I would just try once a day and see how it works. It could definitely work.

But at least if you start with twice a day until you're clear, you know if it's gonna work for you or not. If you start with once a day and it doesn't work, then you might just want to up it to twice a day. That could mean it could take you 6-8 months to find out if BP is even gonna work for you or not!

But yeah, I definitely think there's a possibility that once a day could work for you.

Edited by darlinjones