Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrshPrince

My Kind of scars (I really need help on getting rid of them)

Its bad and its getting worse. I have tryed a lot of things like honey masks, lemon juice, exfoliation. But its not getting better. Can you guys help me.

post-123385-1266891505_thumb.jpg

post-123385-1266891528_thumb.jpg

post-123385-1266891505_thumb.jpg

post-123385-1266891528_thumb.jpg

Its bad and its getting worse. I have tryed a lot of things like honey masks, lemon juice, exfoliation. But its not getting better. Can you guys help me.

dun dun dun. wrong forum mate. you should probably focus on the active acne atm ! go and post in there, you will probably see a lot of people able to help you :)

It looks like you still have active acne, don't you?

It is essential that you clear yourself of acne before looking into scar treatments.

If nothing else works, ask a doctor about accutane.

dave has given some good advice. its def best to ask a doctor and use accutane only as a last resort. i dont want to shy you away from something that may essentially be the best cure. id just be a little cautious :)

dont get me wrong, accutane is great for getting rid of acne, tho id try and stay away from it as it will likely lead to longer term problems. ive seen countless people here going on about how it has led to 90% of their scars. this is due to the accutane essentially reducing the skins natural healing ability. on the other hand doctors and other people here swear by it and havent had any problems.

truth is there are a lot of awesome products out there, both prescription and non perscription and they are worth giving a go. have you read dans method? many people have seen great results.

Edited by cartwheeling_monkey

It looks inflamed right now...do your best to calm the inflammation and reduce breakouts to avoid scarring. I mostly see hyperpigmentation, which will heal with time and relatively inexpensive methods.

i agree that you should deal with the active lesions first before thinking about the scars and discolouration.

antibiotics should be effective for your case too imo. either way, a doctor can help.

i agree that you should deal with the active lesions first before thinking about the scars and discolouration.

antibiotics should be effective for your case too imo. either way, a doctor can help.

yea the pimples I can live with (not that I want them) but these scarring won't go away. Even when I use like an acne cream for the pimple it will still make a scar.

I think that if I use Clean & Clear spot treatment for the pimples I should be good. But the scarring is too much.

well, you have to understand that the scars are caused by pimples and the only way to prevent new scars is to prevent new pimples.

if the Clean & Clear spot treatment is working in preventing new pimples from forming then that's good! but if you're still getting new pimples like few times a week then maybe you should seek a different treatment.

the reason why most ppl advice you to deal with the active lesions before the scars is because things like honey masks, lemon juice, exfoliation, may aggravite the lesions as the lesions are pretty sensitive. this may cause your lesions to be worst, which will make the scars worst.

so only when your skin is less sensitive. i.e. no more active lesions, will the scar treatments be less harmful and more beneficial.

anyway, by scars, do you mean discolouration or indentations?

well, you have to understand that the scars are caused by pimples and the only way to prevent new scars is to prevent new pimples.

if the Clean & Clear spot treatment is working in preventing new pimples from forming then that's good! but if you're still getting new pimples like few times a week then maybe you should seek a different treatment.

the reason why most ppl advice you to deal with the active lesions before the scars is because things like honey masks, lemon juice, exfoliation, may aggravite the lesions as the lesions are pretty sensitive. this may cause your lesions to be worst, which will make the scars worst.

so only when your skin is less sensitive. i.e. no more active lesions, will the scar treatments be less harmful and more beneficial.

anyway, by scars, do you mean discolouration or indentations?

Ok Im going to get back on the acne medication my dermatologist gave me. It worked pretty well too because it fought acne for the inside out. I think my scars are indentations because they leave like a dark spot when they vanish. Quick question, does multivitamin tablets help with acne and acne scarring?

I've heard that applying lemon juice to the face daily (like, several times a day) is good for pigmentation. You can also glop aloe vera (from the plant or from a gel with high concentration of aloe) onto the area. I used to 'glop' aloe vera onto my hyperpigmented scars every night and they went away after a few months. Lactic acid is excellent not only for hyperpigmentation, but also breakouts. I apply lactic acid to spots that look like they're going to become cystic and they dry up almost overnight.

However, it is crucial that you get the inflammation under control. Inflammation is what damages the dermis and caused my own, and other people's, indented scarring.

Examine your diet. Sugar is a huge culprit, and dairy can cause it as well. Do you eat a lot of processed foods? This is what a Chinese acupuncturist told me to do when my cystic acne was at its worst, and it really helped with the inflammation and breakouts:

Try to eliminate sugar, dairy, and (red) meat from your diet. Our digestive tract is too long to accommodate meat well, and it actually rots as it moves through our system. Sugar can cause inflammation. So avoid candy, soft drinks, pop-tart type foods, etc.

Add fiber. Seriously, sometimes when inflammation is bad it is linked back to fiber. I think Kashi makes a high-fiber cereal, although I recommend eating it with rice or soy milk.

Eat lots of FRESH fruits and vegetables, and avoid processed foods.

Drink lots of water! At least eight glasses a day.

Good luck!

I've heard that applying lemon juice to the face daily (like, several times a day) is good for pigmentation. You can also glop aloe vera (from the plant or from a gel with high concentration of aloe) onto the area. I used to 'glop' aloe vera onto my hyperpigmented scars every night and they went away after a few months. Lactic acid is excellent not only for hyperpigmentation, but also breakouts. I apply lactic acid to spots that look like they're going to become cystic and they dry up almost overnight.

However, it is crucial that you get the inflammation under control. Inflammation is what damages the dermis and caused my own, and other people's, indented scarring.

Examine your diet. Sugar is a huge culprit, and dairy can cause it as well. Do you eat a lot of processed foods? This is what a Chinese acupuncturist told me to do when my cystic acne was at its worst, and it really helped with the inflammation and breakouts:

Try to eliminate sugar, dairy, and (red) meat from your diet. Our digestive tract is too long to accommodate meat well, and it actually rots as it moves through our system. Sugar can cause inflammation. So avoid candy, soft drinks, pop-tart type foods, etc.

Add fiber. Seriously, sometimes when inflammation is bad it is linked back to fiber. I think Kashi makes a high-fiber cereal, although I recommend eating it with rice or soy milk.

Good luck!

I don't eat a lot of processed foods any more but I eat quite a lot of sugar. Like I can finish 2 gallons of sprite in a day and a half. Where did you get the aloe vera cream that you use? By the way even when I don't pop the pimples I still get a scar. How do I stop that?

Good luck!

I don't eat a lot of processed foods any more but I eat quite a lot of sugar. Like I can finish 2 gallons of sprite in a day and a half. Where did you get the aloe vera cream that you use? By the way even when I don't pop the pimples I still get a scar. How do I stop that?

heya bud, id cut out the sugar all together. i know if i drank as much sprite as you did even once, id have terrible acne for at least 3 weeks afterwards. even with a quarter of that amount, id look sickening to most people. try cutting that out cause the rest of your diet seems good :)

I bought 'Aloe Vera Gelly" from the company Lily of the Desert from a local health food store.

I recently started using 'Skin Gel' by Aloe Life and like it a lot better. It has more of the pure form of the aloe plant, whereas I think the other one I used was mixed with something else and had less of the plant sap.

If you decide to go with another product, make sure it doesn't have a lot of acid added to it. Too much and my face would burn, it didn't seem to be as healing.

It might help with your active acne, too. I hope this helped. : )