Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lpranger467

do scars look depressed when they heal

I just had C02 on a spot (nose) although the scab is still on it it looks like it might be lower than the rest of the skin,,,will it plump out ? Im concerned he went to deep

I just had C02 on a spot (nose) although the scab is still on it it looks like it might be lower than the rest of the skin,,,will it plump out ? Im concerned he went to deep

its hard to tell, when i scab, the scab tends to hold onto the skin and often looks a bit lower. you can only wait until its gone for that. once its gone, the scar will either stay the height its at or go deeper, once the inflamation goes down. it shouldnt go down too far, cause its when the collagen kicks in. if you've got copper peptides, try those.

cartwheeling_monkey has some good advice. I would like to add, take special care to you keep that scab on for as long as possible. Unlike me, don't be tempted to pick it off or you will have a hole.

edit: eesh, that sounded kind of harsh. I'm not trying to scare you.. waiting to heal after such a procedure is quite a nerve wracking time..please do keep us updated on your progress. :D you should heal up well.

Edited by Sound*of*Silence

scab ? i'm pretty sure one should never let ablations scab...normally keep it always moist with neosporin or something.