Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jws

can aha hurt at all?

okay ive been on the regimen about 2.5 weeks now and lets just say its going amazing. No complaints at all, however our boy Dan says this aha stuff is like the best thing since sliced bread. I'm thinking about ordering some the next time i restock on my supplies. If i use it as my night time moisturizer say 3-4 days a week (every other day) can it hurt at all? He says it makes your skin perfect, but im happy with my skin right now, and i don't want it to cause me to break out, can it?

Edited by jws

it will help you exfoliate the skin and help them to be softer and smoother.

go easy with it. it could potentially harm it if you use too much too frequently.

use sunscreen during the day. gluck!

The first time I used AHA+, it stung pretty badly but went away in about 10 minutes. I've been using AHA for about a month now as my nighttime moisturizer, and the stinging has completely gone away. I barely feel anything now, and it works just like lotion for me. That's my personal experience; if you have sensitive skin your results might be different.

I've really liked the AHA. If nothing else it makes my skin feel nice, even if it doesn't look the best. I used it after shaving once and it stung really bad. So you probably shouldn't do that. But all in all I really like it.

Edited by tsquare

...go easy with it. it could potentially harm it if you use too much too frequently.

use sunscreen during the day. gluck!

What kind of harm can it do? just the sun sensitivity? I've been using amlactin pretty much everyday but wonder about long term effects.

It can cause sun sensitivity as well as irritation if used over the exceeded amount.

You only want to use this 1~2 times a week, anything over might irritate the skin.

But of course, using it for spot treatments daily is fine.

i use aha every day at night and it works amazing it exfoliates my skin and has improved my overall skin tone significantly... some people say use it 1 to 2 times a week or every other day but me personally i use it everyday

Start out using it about two or three times a week, and stick with that for a few weeks to see how your skin handles it. If that works out, you can try gradually using it more often.

I wouldn't recommend using it more than once a day, though, because, as others have mentions, it can irritate your skin.

And be sure to always use sunscreen any time you'll be exposed to sunlight for at least a week following any AHA use.