Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well BP use to work great for me but suddenly it started drying my skin way too much and causeing red marks. I tried switching to lower percentages but it still seems to irritate it too much, so basically my question is what can I use besides BP? Does anyone recommend salicylic acid?

bp kills bacteria, which can stop clogged pores from becoming pimples.

salicylic acid exfoliates your skin, stopping pores from becoming clogged.

in my experiance, salicylic acid helped very little. but so did bp, it just worked a little better

I'm sorry to hear BP is not working well with your skin.

The only Salicylic Acid i recommend would be no other than,

Paula's Choice BHA 2% (2% Salicylic Acid).

It comes in Gel and Liquid.

The gel never seems to dry though, all you need is a little.

You could use glycolic acid, a good one is DDF Glycolic 5% Cleanser, you can get that at Sephora. It's a little on the pricey side but it will last for months. It's a really great cleanser and it really helped my skin, I don't use it anymore because I'm broke.

Do you have to moisturise over BP, I always feel like I'm rubbing the BP off when I do this. I'm so desperate, I get married in 2 months and my skin has just got worse, as bad as it was before I went on roaccutane 3 years ago :(

Do you have to moisturise over BP, I always feel like I'm rubbing the BP off when I do this. I'm so desperate, I get married in 2 months and my skin has just got worse, as bad as it was before I went on roaccutane 3 years ago :(

Yes, you do need to moisturize over BP. In my experience it is almost impossible to rub the BP off even if you leave it wet on your face when you apply the moisturizer. It just mixes in with the moisturizer and it should be added that before the moisturizer even hits your skin your skin has soaked up some amount of the BP. I use a BP medicated face wash and it still dyes my towels even though I rinse it clean. Moisturizer will also help a ton with healing up your acne as the drying effect of the BP can make it take longer if left to its own devices.