Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello all,

I think I may have posted a few things on acne scars in the past. I gave wave reviews to subcision and fraxel, but I stand corrected today. I received an email from my doctor about Micro-Needling and decided to get a treatment. Let me just say it was the best money I ever spent. I really wish I had done this a long time ago. I have read up on just about all the procedures out there scars and by far micro-needling has really done the trick. I also see on the board that a lot of people are buying the tool and using it at home, I honestly don't know how that works or if that is even safe, but this treatment should be done in a dermatologist office I say this because you need to see blood a bit in order to really start the healing processing. So numbing cream would be required. The tools used at home doesn't even have deep enough needles to get the right results. I paid $495. I know that may be a lot for some people, but I have paid $850 for subcision and $1300 for fraxel. So $495 was a bargain. You don't flake like other procedures (unless you use harsh topical med). In the past I would normally think by flaking new collegen is coming. That is not true. This does exactly what it says it's going to do. I actually went to work the next day. It was red for a few days, but nothing make-up couldn't cover, however I think not putting on make-up would be better. Never mind, I thought it was only going to stay plump for a few days. No way it looks the same as far as my pores and the red is practically gone. Trust me. Please do this. Don't do fraxel or anything else. Try this first.