Jump to content
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do I go about seeing a dermatoligist?

It has come to the point where I want the opinion of a derm.

Should I make an appointment with my gp and ask for a referral. Would a gp actually refer me to a derm and as this is on the nhs how long would it take, etc? I don't really know how it works, even though we have the NHS would I still have to pay if I was referred by my gp?

Or should I look for a private derm. If so how do I find one and roughly how much would a consultation cost?

For the record I currently have moderate acne which is now scarring. I have tried 2 birth control pills (dianette worked but had to come off so currently on the third - Marvelon) three antibiotics, various prescribed topicals, OTC treatment, supplements, diet changes etc.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes