Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leesett

Holy CRAP!!! The BEST PRODUCT EVER!!!!!

I found this AWESOME stuff called Dr. Brandt "Pores No More" . My largest pores disappear and It actually smoothes out my deepest scars I cant believe how GREAT this works. Its basically a makeup primer. I'm sooooo happy :D. Seriously I used it on Saturday and after I finished applying my makeup I wanted to cry, my face looks soooo smooth and my scars... hardly noticeable.

HOWEVER this product is VERY expensive, Ive been using the sample I got at Sephora(a little goes a long way) but honestly Im willing to drop $45 for this, I just LOVE IT. Also be aware, it is a bit tinted but if blended properly the color should become translucent.

Heres the link: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtm...tegoryId=C13831

Edited by leesett

Hmm, looks good and I may buy it for special events, but in looking at the ingredients it contains Octyl Palmitate which is a pore clogging ingredient.

http://tribes.tribe.net/no-more-acne/threa...56-60cb4082b06d

In my research on octyl palmitate, I found that it is a very common thickening and emollient agent. It's one of the most common out there, and is found in MANY moisturizers and lotions.

According to the Cosmetics Database, although it can cause irritation, this is at MODERATE doses, which you would not get from this product, since a) it is not a primary ingredient and b) you wouldn't be thickly coating your face in it.

I’ve been using “Pores No More†everyday since Saturday. I haven’t had any problems. I use very little, mostly on areas with enlarged pores and scars (cheeks nose and chin) I’m trying to make this sample last ;) . I can’t believe this stuff. It also has tea tree oil in it, which I like (smells like it).

Pros: Pores disappear. Even those grossly large pores on the sides of my nose and ice pick scars on my cheeks. All of my scars look smooth and again…hardly noticeable; I have some really deep boxcar scars. It’s awesome, it’s like it fills them in and smoothes out the edges (I apply a little extra in these areas).

Cons: The waiting. After applying it I have to wait 5 mins for it to dry, otherwise it’ll flake or clump up when you apply your foundation/concealer/powder. Like I said before it is a bit tinted so that might be a problem for someone with very fare skin but it does seem to become translucent when you rub it in. And of course the price.

I highly recommend this. Ask for a sample at your nearest Sephora and give it try, let us know what you think. I’ll report back if any problems occur. I hope not…I’m in LOVE :wub:

Oh and after reading tons of reviews it looks like men really love it too.

Edited by leesett

Haven't tried Pores No More but i've heard good things about it. Gets mostly good reviews..

Dr. Brandt does make awesome products - it's too bad they're really expensive. He has an exfoliating product called Microdermabrasion in a Jar. It works amazing well.. but it's like $75 a jar.

I have been wanting to get my hands on this product forrrevvverr, but haven't had time! Haha there are some great reviews on this product on youtube as well.

I was able to hit a MAC store and get the 'Skin Refined Zone Treatment' which I hear is similar to Dr. Brandt, but I will hit Sephora tomorrow and try that one out :)

If you go to Sephora can you get free samples on pretty much anything? I'm always embarrassed to walk into makeup stores... Anyway I just want to get a free sample before having to buy the product.

Still using Dr. Brandt "Pores No More" still LOVING it and Im still using my sample :lol: Thats how little I use plus the sales rep was very generous with it.

Bottom line; It's AWESOME!!!!!

To dry skin folk....

WARNING: If you have dry skin you probably wont love this so much, it can be a little drying. I had a few dry patches on my face and after applying "Pores No More" on these areas it didn't look so great, it just kinda cracked and flaked. So those with dry skin make sure you MOISTURIZE before you apply this product. Oily skin.....ENJOY!!!!!

Edited by leesett

den_den: Yes I find that it does. It helps keep oil at bay so your makeup doesn't melt off.

I just picked up a sample of Dr. Brandt microdermabrasion cream. I'm excited to try it but $75 for a tiny jar :shock:... I hope I don't fall in love with it. I'll report back.

Edited by leesett

thanks : D $75? if u do fall in love with it, hopefully there's a much cheaper imitation somewhere that works just the same ^_^

Edited by den_den

A cheaper alternative: Clinique's pore minimizer instant perfecter. It virtually eliminates pores, smooths skin tone, works wonderfully under makeup, and keeps oil at bay (coming from someone who's main concern is fighting oil slicks). It's somewhere around $20.

Hi

This product sounds too good to be true but i'm going to try it anyway :P . I have been searching for something to put on under make up to hide my scars a bit more.

I am in the UK and i have been searching online for it and i have found three different 'kinds' of Dr Brandt pores no more on this site ..........which one are you using ??.

Sorry to be a pain but i figure if i am gonna spend that much money then i should make sure i get the right thing :-)

Thank you

x

Edited by pinkchips

I already use Clinique pore minimiser - its good but no miracle worker (which is what I need), so Im always on the look out for something better.

How does this product compare to Cliniques?

My “Unfair†review on Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion cream.

First off, I would like you all to know that I am currently on Accutane (1 more month to go). I am completely aware that exfoliating of any kind (while on Accutane) is a big NO NO :naughty: . But I took a risk, my skin is pretty tough and was looking kinda rough and I just couldn’t wait. I also realize that being on Accutane might have altered my results.

I used VERY little only on my t-zone area (nose, sides of nose and forehead)

Pros: Its exfoliating crystals are pretty amazing, I’ve never felt anything quite like it. They’re so tiny and fine, I couldn’t see them but I could defiantly feel them scrubbing away when I worked the cream onto my face (it’s very strange). My skin felt sooooooo smooth and it looked really clear and clean. It smells AWESOME, very refreshing.

Cons: It left my face a little red for a couple of days :redface: (again, I’m on Accutane sooo… :shifty: ) but after the redness cleared my face looked nice and bright. And the price, $75… NOT COOL.

Bottom line: DO NOT USE WHILE ON ACCUTANE....Well duh!!!! :lol:

This just might be an amazing product BUT…I’m going to wait until I finish my course of Accutane and then give it anther try before I commit to purchasing.

Also, I’m still in love with “Pores No More†I got my mom using it now.

Edited by leesett

Taurus_girl: I would love to find a cheaper alternative but I think I found my HG primer. If anyone knows of a comparable alternative I'm willing to give them a try and report back to you all.

So far on my list:

DDF's pore minimiser

Clinique's pore minimiser

Mac's Skin Refined Zone Treatment

Edited by leesett