Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dreamydancediva4

Sal. Acid and BP combo question

Hey everyone. I read somewhere that its not good to use a BP product (mine being a lotion) along the same time you use a sal. acid product. Is this true? I use a sal. acid cleanser and toner daily. I'd like to use my BP lotion once every week-2 weeks to help if I have an acne flare up or oil/pore problem. Should I not use my sal. acid items the days I need to use my BP lotion?

I have some mild Neutragena and Totally Juicy cleansers I can use on those days.

What do you think? Any advice welcome.

Products I use:

* I used to be on Proactiv and still have the BP Lotion and Sulfur mask, I'd like to use those when problems arise.*

Now I am on Ortho-Tri-Cyclen Lo for mens. issues, with balancing hormonal acne being it's benefit. :-)

- I use Biore cleanser and toner daily. (sal. acid) and I love these products and want to continue using them.

I do this in morning and night:

Use vinegar as a toner. Leave on for a few minutes, then wash face with Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Scrub (2% SA). I then use oxy BP wash directly after. I'm completely clear so it works for me and the SA BP combo works for many others too. Give it a try and see if it works for you.

From most acne texts I have read, the combination of SA and BP is warned against due to "excessive irritation", which of course we want to avoid.

From most acne texts I have read, the combination of SA and BP is warned against due to "excessive irritation", which of course we want to avoid.

could be an allergy. allergies to sa are common...you'll find it refered to as "aspirin allergy" since sa and asipirin are both salicilates. You might want to do some research on it.

That may be true, I was considering aspirin allergy but that leaves me with not having any effective acne treatment cry.gif except for perhaps, retinols but they make me red.

So, no one gets puffy??? Aw crap. Hmmm, I read that foods contain salicylates too. Last year I ate a bland as heck diet and my skin was very very good. All i used was soap and water it was great. Well, crappity crap. The puffiness is almost gone now. i think i've taken aspirin before...but not in a very very long time, like well over 5 years (what can I say I almost never get headaches)...are there allergy tests for aspirin since I heard the reaction could be severe. I've taken ibuprofin without negative effects.

Well, I will now be comitting myself to my ultra bland meat and veggie with a few nuts and fruit thrown in.