Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So you have to be patient if you want to get rid of acne right? but how patient do you have to be? How long does it usually take for any type of anti acne remedy to start working? I know some are lucky and see results quickly with a certain type of treatment, but what about the people with worse acne? How long does it usually take for them to see improvement? 2 weeks, 2months, 6months. I wish something would make acne go away in less than three days or something!! Why does our body have to be so stupid, giving us so much problems?! :confused:

Acne can take weeks (sometimes months) to form in your skin, so it's important to stick with products for a few weeks--or even better, a few months--to give them a chance to really work.

Too many people give up on products because they either cause the person to purge, which the person mistakes as the product making them break out, or because the product doesn't clear them up in a week or so, which just isn't long enough to get any idea of whether or not a product actually works.

Yes, having to be patient can be frustrating, but that's just the way things work. Expecting an acne treatment to work in three days is like lifting weights for three days and expecting to be ripped. It just doesn't work that way. You have to give things time to do their job.

Acne can take weeks (sometimes months) to form in your skin, so it's important to stick with products for a few weeks--or even better, a few months--to give them a chance to really work.

Too many people give up on products because they either cause the person to purge, which the person mistakes as the product making them break out, or because the product doesn't clear them up in a week or so, which just isn't long enough to get any idea of whether or not a product actually works.

Yes, having to be patient can be frustrating, but that's just the way things work. Expecting an acne treatment to work in three days is like lifting weights for three days and expecting to be ripped. It just doesn't work that way. You have to give things time to do their job.

Can you explain "purging" - I know what you mean, but is it always the case that your skin will purge first? I have a major break out now, on week three, and I'm wondering what's going on -- maybe it's my skin purging? I've been on the regimen before with success but I didn't have large breakouts at the beginning, just one or two a week.

Purging usually happens early on, when a product helps to draw the gunk (for lack of a better word) that's forming in your skin to the surface. For example, some Regimen users find that their acne will clear up for the first few days that they're on The Regimen, but then they'll break out worse than they usually do. This is purging.

Not every product causes purging, and not everyone experiences it. But it does happen, and it can be confusing and upsetting for people who just want their skin to get clear.

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like I might be experiencing purging -- I did clear up for the first week and a half or so and now I am definitely more broken out now than before and had no idea why. Hopefully that's what it is. Any ideas on an average for how long it might last?

Thanks for the quick reply. Sounds like I might be experiencing purging -- I did clear up for the first week and a half or so and now I am definitely more broken out now than before and had no idea why. Hopefully that's what it is. Any ideas on an average for how long it might last?

Since you're treating your acne, it should clear up faster than if you weren't treating it. Everybody's different, though, so I can't really give you a time estimate. Just keep on treating and being gentle with your skin, and it'll clear up. : )

You might also want to take a look at this thread (I see that you've posted in it, but I don't know if you've seen my comment).

Thanks for the help. The regimen has worked for me in the past, just without the big breakout in the beginning. I'm going to stick with it and hopefully be one of the people who come back and post how great it worked.

I was suffering from acne rashes when I was a teen. I have tried a lot of products but they are not going permanently. They are mostly affecting my forehead. Please anyone suggest me an effective product which would solve my problem?