Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ladybug123

Does Retin-a takes more than 4 months to work?

II’ve been using Retin-A micro for 4 months now and I see very minimal results. At first, after the initial breakouts, it seemed to work for a brief period. My chin was clear but you could still see scars. But now I’m at my 4 month mark, the acne on my chin seems to have gotten worse. I still experience flaking, dryness, and irritation on my chin (my acne prone area). How long does it take for this thing to work? Btw, aside from the chin, the other area on my face has no acne. Please advise.

II’ve been using Retin-A micro for 4 months now and I see very minimal results. At first, after the initial breakouts, it seemed to work for a brief period. My chin was clear but you could still see scars. But now I’m at my 4 month mark, the acne on my chin seems to have gotten worse. I still experience flaking, dryness, and irritation on my chin (my acne prone area). How long does it take for this thing to work? Btw, aside from the chin, the other area on my face has no acne. Please advise.

try retin a 0.05% today i have completed 4 months with it ...my all pimples are gone PIH is 85% faded...i never used any moisturizer...but retin a is still working...

try retin a 0.05% today i have completed 4 months with it ...my all pimples are gone PIH is 85% faded...i never used any moisturizer...but retin a is still working...

:( I GOT THIS NASTY BREAKOUT AFTER 4 MONTHS WITH SUCKING PIH

no way, iv been using it for 1 month and a half and iv seen good results, im still improving.

by the way im 16 year old male with moderately severe acne. EVERYONES skin is different, you cant go around asking people if it takes 4 months for Retin-A to work, for some people it could take 3 or 4 months, while some can take 1 month.

Good luck

just keep using it if u have the tube, sometimes maybe it takes longer. Im on month 5 i think and my acne is not clear but i think there is a little improvment. I am going to keep using it till my tube runs out. Then im going to the doctor hopefully and asking him whats wrong.