Notifications
Clear all

Ground Fenugreek really works

MemberMember
(@jack-bauer)

Posted : 02/22/2010 10:02 am

My mother told me how it helps with digestion, so I decided to put it in my oatmeal and shake. It has been a few weeks now, and my face is pretty much staying relatively clear. The right side of my face has been clear awhile for now. If a pimple does start to show up, it stays really small and goes away in a day. My left side of my face gets a few pimples here and there, but again, never really forms, and goes away a day later.

Here are the benefits:

What is Fenugreek?

Fenugreek (also known as Greek Hay and Fenigreek), is an herb that is commonly found growing in the Mediterranean region of the world. While the seeds and leaves are primarily used as a culinary spice, it is also used to treat a variety of health problems in Egypt, Greece, Italy, and South Asia.

Fenugreek seeds have been found to contain protein, vitamin C, niacin, potassium, and diosgenin (which is a compound that has properties similar to estrogen). Other active constituents in fenugreek are alkaloids, lysine and L-tryptophan, as well as steroidal saponins (diosgenin, yamogenin, tigogenin, and neotigogenin).

What are the Benefits of Fenugreek?

Due to its estrogen-like properties, fenugreek has been found to help increase libido and lessen the effect of hot flashes and mood fluctuations that are common symptoms of menopause and PMS. In India and China it has also been used to treat arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, improve digestion, maintain a healthy metabolism, increase libido and male potency, cure skin problems (wounds, rashes and boils), treat sore throat, and cure acid reflux. Fenugreek also has a long history of use for the treatment of reproductive disorders, to induce labor, to treat hormonal disorders, to help with breast enlargement, and to reduce menstrual pain. Recent studies have shown that Fenugreek helps lower blood glucose and cholestrol levels, and may be an effective treatment for both type 1 and 2 diabetes. Fenugreek is also being studied for its cardiovascular benefits.

MemberMember
(@jack-bauer)

Posted : 05/27/2010 9:31 am

Bump-Not even the health experts in this area of the board never tried it? I broke out really bad due to all the stress from choosing to take 3 summer classes, but I bought some more fenugreek and my face is cleared up again.

Normally I wouldn't bump threads because if nobody bothers to reply, then that's that, but fenugreek is the only natural remedy that has actually worked for me.

The taste is a bit unpleasant. I put a teaspoon in my oatmeal and mix it with caco powder to hide the taste, but at nights, i add some in water and mix, which doesn't taste very good.

MemberMember
(@kristiers)

Posted : 05/27/2010 12:22 pm

I've used this before, it worked pretty good. I didn't use it very long, just a few days, then switched to Wild Yam. Pretty much does the same thing. I used the extracts, they're both disgusting, but the fenugreek seems to be worse, thats the only reason I switched. And it does help in digestion, at least for me.

MemberMember
(@peony7)

Posted : 09/30/2012 9:57 am

I know this is an old topic, but I'm thinking of trying it next. Supposed to help with insulin resistance in diabetics and PCOSers.

If anyone else has tried this please let me know your experiences. Ta.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 09/30/2012 9:54 pm

What it's really good for is adding to beans when you soak them before cooking as it is high in substances that bind up,the harmful antinutrients in the beans

MemberMember
(@peony7)

Posted : 10/02/2012 6:04 pm

What it's really good for is adding to beans when you soak them before cooking as it is high in substances that bind up,the harmful antinutrients in the beans

Thanks, I'll be adding beans back into my diet again soon so I'll remember that.