Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cysthunter

what is this type of scar that im left with after a cyst?

last month i popped a premature cyst on my cheek which i regret terribly now... the skin went back to flat several days later and has been in normal shape since then except for the reddish brown pigmentation and a painless lump under the skin that i can feel around with my finger. the lump is painless and sorta seems to be getting smaller. the pigmentation is definitely getting less noticeable but at a pace that seems like it could take a whole year. i thought pigmentation scars were suppose to be just coloration. what is this lump and should i worry about it? will the skin go completely back to normal eventually? thanks for your input guys. first time here. hi :)

The lump is the walls of the cyst. They usually go away on their own after a while, but they can stick around and flare up again. Whatever you do, don't mess with it.

The lump is the walls of the cyst. They usually go away on their own after a while, but they can stick around and flare up again. Whatever you do, don't mess with it.

how long does it usually take for them to go away and also what would cause them to flare up again? i'm obviously not ever picking at it again.

Hmm...I'd say a few months, but to be honest some of mine never have. They're exactly like other types of acne so they can come and go when you have breakouts of other types.

I have the exact same type of cystic zit that i irritated and prematurely tried popping as well.. It has been about a good month or so know and has yet to fade hardly at all. It sucks. A lot. Let me know how your status goes.

Hmm...I'd say a few months, but to be honest some of mine never have. They're exactly like other types of acne so they can come and go when you have breakouts of other types.

i could live with that as long as the normal pigmentation returns. there is no bump of a sort so with the normal coloration it wouldn't be noticeable. will that happen eventually for sure?