Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JODE-I

I think I've cured my cystic acne...

I am 28 years old and have never really had an issue with acne. I would get the occasional zit, normally one that could be popped on my chin, nose, and sometimes forward, but nothing big or even anything to fuss about. I washed my face every morning/night with Neutragena Oil Free Acne wash, and used Cetaphil lotion to moisturize. I also would use some sort of toner to get the remaining make up off my chin/nose area.

Suddenly towards the end of the summer last year, I started breaking out on my chin area only (around mouth/chin) with AWFUL cystic acne. I had changed nothing in my skin routine either, nor had I changed birth controls, anything that I could blame these breakouts on. This went on for months, I even went to a dermatologist and they gave me Retin A, Differen Gel, and Epiduo. None of which did nothing but redden my skin further. The cysts were painful, could not be popped and stuck around swollen and red for weeks at the time. Sometimes I would have 4-5 at the time. Finally, I changed my skin care. I do not know if it was due to hormones, or what - but since doing so I have had NO PROBLEMS.

I switched to Ambi - this is a product formulated for "women of color" as it says on this site: but, I am Caucasian. I did not realize this when I bought the product, I don't think it says this specifically on the bottle. BUT - never the less, it seemed to work...along with me started to use Avon (my boyfriend's mother sells it) Banishing Cream. It is suppose to help get rid of dark spots, etc. left behind from acne which I also had bad when these cysts would go away. The dark spot was still there. After using the combination of both products since probably, November, I have yet to have one single zit. It was almost like a miracle...

Now this may not work for everyone, but it seemingly did so for me. And again, I"m not sure what the difference would be in the face wash being formulated for African Americans, vs. myself, but it def. works and my skin is SO SOFT!! I would highly recommend trying this. I was about to the point to try Accutane but I am glad I did not. :)

Oh my gosh girl, you are exactly like me! I've had the same issue with cystic acne with not much of a history with acne. Except like you said, occasional zit here and there that could be popped. I am 27 and didn't change anything about my diet or make-up routine. My face just all of a sudden started to break out with cystic acne. For me, it's mainly from the temples down my jawline and a little on my cheeks. I can cover a lot of it with my hair if I wear it down.

So where did you find the Ambi? Did it cost a lot? I also am having issues with the dark spots left after the damn cyst is gone. It's just as bad as the cyst itself almost! What about the Banishing Cream? What did that cost? Sucks I don't know anyone who sells Avon. Is it supposed to be a spot treatment that you apply on the cyst or to get rid of the dark marks?

I'm starting to wonder if the retin-a just doesn't do anything for my skin anymore or what. Nothing I am using seems to make these monsters go away! I actually made an appointment with my derm today to get some cortisone injections, that always helped tons, I just don't have insurance and it costs $75 (50 for the vist and 25 for the shots). Can't afford to keep doing that. I used to use Bare Minerals for the longest time and it just doesn't have enough coverage for me anymore, now that I have a lot of dark spots left. I miss my old face!

me too i love ambi i use it along time ago !!went back to it. caress an ambi just love it. try the ambi oil the cream work ok too but oil work fast. :lol::clap::drool:

Oh my gosh girl, you are exactly like me! I've had the same issue with cystic acne with not much of a history with acne. Except like you said, occasional zit here and there that could be popped. I am 27 and didn't change anything about my diet or make-up routine. My face just all of a sudden started to break out with cystic acne. For me, it's mainly from the temples down my jawline and a little on my cheeks. I can cover a lot of it with my hair if I wear it down.

So where did you find the Ambi? Did it cost a lot? I also am having issues with the dark spots left after the damn cyst is gone. It's just as bad as the cyst itself almost! What about the Banishing Cream? What did that cost? Sucks I don't know anyone who sells Avon. Is it supposed to be a spot treatment that you apply on the cyst or to get rid of the dark marks?

I'm starting to wonder if the retin-a just doesn't do anything for my skin anymore or what. Nothing I am using seems to make these monsters go away! I actually made an appointment with my derm today to get some cortisone injections, that always helped tons, I just don't have insurance and it costs $75 (50 for the vist and 25 for the shots). Can't afford to keep doing that. I used to use Bare Minerals for the longest time and it just doesn't have enough coverage for me anymore, now that I have a lot of dark spots left. I miss my old face!

Hey, yes, the doctor also put me on all of those topical treatments, none of which worked or either they made my skin peel and super red! This Ambi just seems to work, I have no idea why! lol! I actually switched back to my cetaphil face lotion at night, banishing cream in the morning b/c I after doing some research the Ambi does have some bleaching type chemicals that help the dark spots fade - and it seemed to be drying me out JUST a bit, not to the point of peely skin, just like the crinkly look. SO I figured the banishing cream also probably has those types of chemicals since it's formulated for the same thing (fading dark spots etc.) so thought I needed a bit more moisturizing.

The Avon actually came from my future mother in law :P she sells it. But you can order it online - I got it from her for free.

Oh, and Ambi is everywhere, I get mine at Wal Mart! 4-5 bucks I think! Sorry left that part out!

I am 28 years old and have never really had an issue with acne. I would get the occasional zit, normally one that could be popped on my chin, nose, and sometimes forward, but nothing big or even anything to fuss about. I washed my face every morning/night with Neutragena Oil Free Acne wash, and used Cetaphil lotion to moisturize. I also would use some sort of toner to get the remaining make up off my chin/nose area.

Suddenly towards the end of the summer last year, I started breaking out on my chin area only (around mouth/chin) with AWFUL cystic acne. I had changed nothing in my skin routine either, nor had I changed birth controls, anything that I could blame these breakouts on. This went on for months, I even went to a dermatologist and they gave me Retin A, Differen Gel, and Epiduo. None of which did nothing but redden my skin further. The cysts were painful, could not be popped and stuck around swollen and red for weeks at the time. Sometimes I would have 4-5 at the time. Finally, I changed my skin care. I do not know if it was due to hormones, or what - but since doing so I have had NO PROBLEMS.

I switched to Ambi - this is a product formulated for "women of color" as it says on this site: but, I am Caucasian. I did not realize this when I bought the product, I don't think it says this specifically on the bottle. BUT - never the less, it seemed to work...along with me started to use Avon (my boyfriend's mother sells it) Banishing Cream. It is suppose to help get rid of dark spots, etc. left behind from acne which I also had bad when these cysts would go away. The dark spot was still there. After using the combination of both products since probably, November, I have yet to have one single zit. It was almost like a miracle...

Now this may not work for everyone, but it seemingly did so for me. And again, I"m not sure what the difference would be in the face wash being formulated for African Americans, vs. myself, but it def. works and my skin is SO SOFT!! I would highly recommend trying this. I was about to the point to try Accutane but I am glad I did not. :)

Hi

Which Ambi product did you use please? I live in the UK and there are a number of different products made by Ambi.

Thanks

Debs