Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Girl_least_likely_to

Is my acne bad? I am really depressed today :( *pic included*

I want to cry...I have attached a pic. I think my acne is getting worse...im 21 this year and I would have thought by my 20s I would not be battling acne anymore. I feel like a monster.

I do have a boyfriend and I wonder what he sees in me sometimes.

I am on yasmin the BCP and have been for 5 months, coming into my 6th month soon, tempted to try and change to dianette and I've heard its better. But higher health risks. Or will stick with yasmin until 9 months is up (apparentley as good as dianette after 9 cycles)

God I hate this so much :( why me? why me? I just want to be pretty and perfect like my friends and all those pretty models and celebrities.

Why did I end up with this horrific skin disease?

Thank god for this forum or I would have gone insane by now

Pic attached - took in black and white because I cant bear to see the redness

Also on a further note, is anyone's skin better in the summer months? Because mine certainly is...can't wait for summer now

post-100678-1266845808_thumb.jpg

post-100678-1266845808_thumb.jpg

Edited by Girl_least_likely_to

hey hun, well i understand how it can make you feel. but its nice you have a bf that is with you for you. skin blemishes are so annoying i know :( but dont let it drag you down.

acne is like a puzzle, you just have to keep going till you solve it, even if there are only a few pieces missing.

id say try a different routine and go from there, also go get a food sensitivity test done and try chopping and altering your diet around.

remember its always the simple things that help.

x

hey hun, well i understand how it can make you feel. but its nice you have a bf that is with you for you. skin blemishes are so annoying i know :( but dont let it drag you down.

acne is like a puzzle, you just have to keep going till you solve it, even if there are only a few pieces missing.

id say try a different routine and go from there, also go get a food sensitivity test done and try chopping and altering your diet around.

remember its always the simple things that help.

x

Hey thanks for your quick reply.

What do you mean by a different routine? I am only student so dont have much money to buy new products etc. Already spent a fortune on it.

I use neutrogena benzoyl peroxide 2.5% every night on the bad blemishes and I wash my face with a oil free neutrogena face wash...I'm not sure what else I should be doing. I also drink lots of water and change my pillow case as often as I can.

Where can I get a diet sensitivity test done??

Also on a further note, is anyone's skin better in the summer months? Because mine certainly is...can't wait for summer now

My skin is bad enough that im supposed to start accutane this week, although in the summer time it can get to near perfect! Amazing. When i go on holiday and am out in the sun, my skin completely changes. Unfortunately, after 10 years of rubbish skin, im no longer willing to settle for clear skin for 1 month out of 12 every year(UK weather for the loss), and so am going with the tane!!

with you on that one flatron.

no problem gllt.

well i mean have a set routine which by sounds of it you already do. how you finding it? how does it make your skin feel?

are you dry sensative, oily etc. the more info you give the better we might be able to advise.

for example i cant use BP it gives my skin acidic burns.

ok your a student but dw we can probably recommend things that you could try, that wont cost the earth. a lot of acne cures are natural anyway, or contain things you would be surprised at like potato, banana's even urine...

with you on that one flatron.

no problem gllt.

well i mean have a set routine which by sounds of it you already do. how you finding it? how does it make your skin feel?

are you dry sensative, oily etc. the more info you give the better we might be able to advise.

for example i cant use BP it gives my skin acidic burns.

ok your a student but dw we can probably recommend things that you could try, that wont cost the earth. a lot of acne cures are natural anyway, or contain things you would be surprised at like potato, banana's even urine...

Oh God, not sure if I want to use urine lol

um...well occasionly after using BP my face is dry but I guess thats normal, I dont moisturize as this just seems to make them worse...so I just use the BP but i dont put it all over my face like the regime. Have a few times and it made my face horrible. Spots were gone but I had deep set lines round my eyes and mouth...not good for a 20 year old!

Anything would be helpful to suggest? Natural products or whatever...I am on the pill like i said, so dont wanna put too many chemicals into my body.

I used to cover my face in cold carrot juice then wash it off...that didnt help

My skin is bad enough that im supposed to start accutane this week, although in the summer time it can get to near perfect! Amazing. When i go on holiday and am out in the sun, my skin completely changes. Unfortunately, after 10 years of rubbish skin, im no longer willing to settle for clear skin for 1 month out of 12 every year(UK weather for the loss), and so am going with the tane!!

Too scared to go on accutane :( I dont think mine is bad enough is it???

Probably not, although it kind of depends on your doc.

I imagine that some people wouldn't think that my skin is bad enough to warrant accutane.

Its actually generally 'reasonably' clear compared to some, but i get huge cysts that lurk under teh skin and make my face swell up so it looks like ive been beaten up! They never go away.

Would you say that the pic you posted is your skin near its worst? Doesn't look very bad to me, but I know only too well that its all about how YOU feel. You're kinda hot either way tho :)

ok well dry skin spec in winter is a no no. cracks in the skin will allow bacteria to enter.

you need to keep your skin nice and moisturised. sounds like you dont suffer from red marks much?

remember to cleanse and tone only twice a day at the max and moisturise when you feel it needs doing. dont over-do it or it will become counter productive and your'll end up blocking the pores.

you need to find a moisturiser your skin likes and one that wont break you out. obv very important.

BP might be over drying your skin, or making it worse even.

drinking water helps. try drinking rooibos tea also.

i wont recommend anymore pills. although i have heard with females that the pill can be the cause of acne, thought about an implant? might be better for you tbh.

then cleanse your body with pro biotics. and use less harsh products.

something like,

am

cleanse with a dove for sensative skin bar

tone with a non alcoholic toner one that containes AHA would be good or (a cold rooibos tea bag can be used, rinse with luke warm water after dabing on area then dab dry with a towl. never rub)

if it looks like it needs some moisture after these steps then apply moisturiser lightly.

if not save the final step till PM

PM

repeat AM but be more generous with the moisturiser. also avoid hot water on the face, it can irritate skin and dry it out

take a break from BP/ i think its to harsh a product, plus ages your skin badly

and stick to a new regime for at least 4 weeks before changing it completely etc

by all means follow the DKR first but if it fails, try that

Edited by want2beme

hey your looks just like mine did.

Mine is almost gone(I can count the pimples if you know what I mean and right now I only have like 4 tiny ones that dont hurt.) I'm 21. I slack on the regimine a little. I bet if I didn't I wouldn't have any pimples. so try the regimine and watchc all of the videos that dan has made. You need to use the products that he suggest and stick to it. It really does work. don't start the regimine too fast.

watch the videos it really helps!

especially "the biggest mistakes of the regimine"

as for the depression, I know what you mean, it is so frustrating. what helped me was to look at other peoples acne. It showed me that I am not the only one with acne and some people have it way worse. I'll pray for you!

hey your looks just like mine did.

Mine is almost gone(I can count the pimples if you know what I mean and right now I only have like 4 tiny ones that dont hurt.) I'm 21. I slack on the regimine a little. I bet if I didn't I wouldn't have any pimples. so try the regimine and watchc all of the videos that dan has made. You need to use the products that he suggest and stick to it. It really does work. don't start the regimine too fast.

watch the videos it really helps!

especially "the biggest mistakes of the regimine"

as for the depression, I know what you mean, it is so frustrating. what helped me was to look at other peoples acne. It showed me that I am not the only one with acne and some people have it way worse. I'll pray for you!

I just think that BP is too harsh for me especially in those quantities...I cant really afford to buy more products either (dan's)

I just want them to go now :( gonna stop using BP altogether and see if that helps...and im gonna perhaps change my BCP

Probably not, although it kind of depends on your doc.

I imagine that some people wouldn't think that my skin is bad enough to warrant accutane.

Its actually generally 'reasonably' clear compared to some, but i get huge cysts that lurk under teh skin and make my face swell up so it looks like ive been beaten up! They never go away.

Would you say that the pic you posted is your skin near its worst? Doesn't look very bad to me, but I know only too well that its all about how YOU feel. You're kinda hot either way tho :)

Thanks for the compliment :redface: :)

And yes that is my skin near its worst and that is only on one side, the other is scarring and the occasional spot

I want to cry...I have attached a pic. I think my acne is getting worse...im 21 this year and I would have thought by my 20s I would not be battling acne anymore. I feel like a monster.

I am on yasmin the BCP and have been for 5 months, coming into my 6th month soon, tempted to try and change to dianette and I've heard its better. But higher health risks. Or will stick with yasmin until 9 months is up (apparentley as good as dianette after 9 cycles)

God I hate this so much :( why me? why me? I just want to be pretty and perfect like my friends and all those pretty models and celebrities.

hey girl! that is exactly how my skin looks!!! just be outgoing and yourself and dont worry about it too much! ok =) i whish it would go away too but it just wont =( you are REALLY pretty! and obviously your boyfriend likes you like you are! =) :wub: and yes i cant wait for summer either!!! except for the fact that i have REALLY REALLY bad acne on my back that is very noticeable when i wear a bathing suit =(

I see girls who look just as beautiful as you and who have sometimes even worse acne than you and I wonder to myself if they know they are still beautiful.

In case you don't know, you are.

Hey Girl Least Likely to :)

First, what caught my eye from your post was "I just want to be pretty and perfect"....The way you feel is a good thing, don't feel bad for wanting to be beautiful. Every girl has this inate desire to want to be beautiful, ever girl wants someone to see their heart and be completely and utterly amazed.

I really wish that I could say something to where you could realize how mysterious and beautiful you truly are. Don't believe the lie from this world that you are not enough or not beautiful. There is a guy out there who wants to unveil the beauty of your heart because you really do have a beauty about you that is unique and mysterious.

I think the best part about a relationship with a girl is that you get to unveil the most precious and mystery beauty that God ever created. Honestly I think your beautiful, don't believe the lies that you are not.

About your poem, when you say that you are dull. Nothing could be further from the truth. A woman's heart is so very deep. I know that this world really does a number on us and sometimes it is just easier to hide your beauty, to hide your heart and never let it out again. You deserve to be carried away, for someone who love you and unveil the beauty of who you are. I hope you know that God thinks that you are enough and He is amazed by you :)

It's not so bad have you tried different kinds of vitamins instead of just using topical medication?

I take zinc and cod liver oil...what else do you suggest? I was going to try vitamin E, do you think thats worth a try?

I find D3 is helpful. I take 1000-2000IU a day.

Also Niacin or Niacinamide. I use 500mg of Niacin when I don't need to leave the house for a while (because of the flush it causes), or 500mg-1500mg of Niacinamide if I am leaving the house.

The Niacinamide also unofficially helps me deal with social anxiety (It has Benzodiazepine-like effects).

Let me know if you have any questions. As with all vitamins, I recommend you do some research on them before you decide to use them.

It's not so bad have you tried different kinds of vitamins instead of just using topical medication?

I take zinc and cod liver oil...what else do you suggest? I was going to try vitamin E, do you think thats worth a try?

I find D3 is helpful. I take 1000-2000IU a day.

Also Niacin or Niacinamide. I use 500mg of Niacin when I don't need to leave the house for a while (because of the flush it causes), or 500mg-1500mg of Niacinamide if I am leaving the house.

The Niacinamide also unofficially helps me deal with social anxiety (It has Benzodiazepine-like effects).

Let me know if you have any questions. As with all vitamins, I recommend you do some research on them before you decide to use them.

I was thinking of taking vitamin B5 as i've heard it can be good for acne?

Oh and perhaps vitamin C, as I've heard thats good too!

I haven't head much in terms of vitamin C and acne, and to be honest it's quite easy to get enough vitamin C in your diet if your eating properly. From doing a bit of a search it seems like it might help with scarring, but that's about it. YMMV

As for B5, I have never experimented with it, although there are many people on this forum who have, and have had success. There is also, If I remember correctly, at least one person here who had bad long term side effects from it. I don't really remember the details. What I do know is that you have to take extremely high doses of the stuff to see results-and that's what concerns me.

Hey girl, you are lucky. Im older than u and my acne is worse... and ive never had a bf. so u are lucky that u have someone with u at this time. just be happy and see the dermo to see if they can help.

In my humble opinion the Vitamin b5 theory is nothing but a scam, no less of a scam than the acaie berry scam thats been doing the rounds, or the "micro dermabrasion cloth" (available from ebay for about £10.... its actually just a 99p flannel though)

You're going to supplement with vitamin D, Zinc, etc...so why not just take a multi vitamin? It would be easier, cheaper and healthier IMO