Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OneLuckyGuy84

Help Reducing Redness From A Pimple!

Hi there, this is actually my first post on here. I'm a 26 year old male with really not a lot of problems with acne. I used to have great skin, but lately it has been okay. I've never gotten a single pimple or zit until this past year, but once every month or two i'll get a pimple somewhere on my face. Usually the pimples fade, but recently I got one on the side of my face and the redness won't go away. The red mark is the size of a small pimple, and its completely flat. The skin where the red mark is isn't indented or anything, its just red. I was wondering what over the counter skin treatments work well to reduce the redness. I'm not really looking to go to a dermatologist for one small red dot, so something simple would help. Does anyone have any good experience with a blemish stick or a over-the-counter skin cream that treats post pimple red marks well. Perhaps a skin cream that I can buy at a local drug store such as a Neutrogena or Clean & Clear product. I would prefer not to order anything online. Anything helps, Thanks!

Edited by OneLuckyGuy84

I have the same freakin' problem!!!! I haven't found anything that works yet :( When I do, I will let you know... and if you find something before me... let me know :) Best of luck to you. I know how frustrating it is!

Hi there, this is actually my first post on here. I'm a 26 year old male with really not a lot of problems with acne. I used to have great skin, but lately it has been okay. I've never gotten a single pimple or zit until this past year, but once every month or two i'll get a pimple somewhere on my face. Usually the pimples fade, but recently I got one on the side of my face and the redness won't go away. The red mark is the size of a small pimple, and its completely flat. The skin where the red mark is isn't indented or anything, its just red. I was wondering what over the counter skin treatments work well to reduce the redness. I'm not really looking to go to a dermatologist for one small red dot, so something simple would help. Does anyone have any good experience with a blemish stick or a over-the-counter skin cream that treats post pimple red marks well. Perhaps a skin cream that I can buy at a local drug store such as a Neutrogena or Clean & Clear product. I would prefer not to order anything online. Anything helps, Thanks!

The red mark could possibly be a sign that acne is starting to fester under your skin. I had that same thing happen to me and a couple months later it broke out into acne. I would probably just use salicylic products for your skin. Clearsil works pretty well. Make sure you are using a moisturizer though after you wash your face because the salicylic acid can dry out your skin and irritate making the red mark potentially break out into acne. Also you may want to consider looking at what you are eating and if you're drinking enough water. The red mark could be as sign that you arent eating healthy enough.

I went to the store today to look for a good product to cover up red marks. I found absolutely nothing. Everything I found had to do with treating actual acne. You think there would be a product out to fade old marks away.

And I am very thankful for my skin, but at the same time, everyone should be thankful for what they have. Even those who are suffering from acne should be grateful for what you have.

If anyone comes across a product that is good at removing red marks from pimples, please let me know. Thanks.

And i could probably do a big fix to my diet. I used to eat fast food literally 5-7 times a week when my skin was really good. I only eat it now about once a week, but I could still probably fix up my diet. I barely drink any water, and don't eat too many fruits and veggies. I'm going to start taking a daily vitamin to get my skin the nourishment's it needs.

Edited by OneLuckyGuy84