Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ycgirl

So I like this guy...

I'm very shy when it comes to guys, but I've noticed some guys are just really friendly and you can get the wrong idea.

Since you do like him, flirt with him a bit more and see what happens; if you get a good sign from him that he is interested then see where it goes.

I'm very shy when it comes to guys, but I've noticed some guys are just really friendly and you can get the wrong idea.

Since you do like him, flirt with him a bit more and see what happens; if you get a good sign from him that he is interested then see where it goes.

I don't even know how to go about flirting with him, lol.

I don't even know how to go about flirting with him, lol.

Just be yourself because thats what attracted him

Grhhh. I worked with him tonight. It's like I want him so bad, but I have no idea how he feels. Like he's nice to me and friendly, but I don't know if he likes me in the way I like him or not. How to I let him know I like him without actually saying it? I have a hard time striking up convo with him sometimes because I'm not sure what to talk about with him.

Lmao I can't believe you put yourself through this,everyday. This isn't the 19th century, a guy doesn't ALWAYS have to be the one to initiate a conversation or ask you out on a date.

Talk to him he's not an alien, tell him you like him. JUST DO IT. Otherwise you'll always wonder what if.

Edited by Undermine

I think i remember you posting some pictures in the "POST YOUR PIC" thread. You're the girl with the big blue eyes right? If that's you, I don't think you should worry much. You're extremely pretty. Just flirt back hardcore and if he doesn't bite, his loss.

Yeah I remember seeing your picture, he definately likes you. Dont be afraid of that any more because he does, you are, to put it politely "very good looking" :P

I dunno how a girl should flirt but Im sure its the same for us lads, you just have to be playful. No more "whats up, nothing, you" because that is very dry indeed, you dont need something ground breaking to say just have something at least.

Just to clarify, I haven't read everything.

RealTalk, I contend. That advice will equal instant fail. The only guys that would date her after such treatment are losers, simply because the only guy's that would stand such treatment have no other options (if they did, they'd ignore you in an eye blink and hang out with that hot chick flirting with them left right and center).

Double standard here: guys can play hard to get. Girls can't. Reason? Guy's are EXPECTED to initiate.

I would love to hang out with him outside of work, but I'm not one to ask. I get soo shy with that stuff, plus I just figure if he really liked me he'd ask me to hang out with him...
Edited by IdioSyncrasy

Well treat him as you would a friend. Girls have no problem hugging their friends. It's natural for girls to be touchy feely with each other. If you're excited for some reason, use that as an excuse to hug him "OMG, I just aced my maths test!" Try hugging him as you are about to leave. Eg; I was at the movie's today with some girl friends. When they left, we hugged. Absolutely NOTHING strange about that at all.

When you talk and flirt, touch him. Briefly brush his arm or shoulder. When you give him stuff, make contact with your hand. Play fight with him (this is a good one). Hell, draw on his arm. At first it might seem strange to you but trust me, within a week it'll become normal. Start small and work your way up if you're not comfortable with it.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

I don't think you quite understand how completely awkward and weird the hug thing would be. Maybe if it was outside of work or something and I had been talking to him for a while, but if I just went up and hugged him as he was leaving or something... that'd be so weird. Lol. Nobody hugs each other at my work.

It is sad I'm scared to send him a friend request on FB? Mainly because I feel like I'm lame and don't have that many people I talk to on there (most are from our work) and he'd see that and think I was really lame.

or maybe he'd think you didnt use Facebook that much. thats what i usually think

I don't think you quite understand how completely awkward and weird the hug thing would be. Maybe if it was outside of work or something and I had been talking to him for a while, but if I just went up and hugged him as he was leaving or something... that'd be so weird. Lol. Nobody hugs each other at my work.

It is sad I'm scared to send him a friend request on FB? Mainly because I feel like I'm lame and don't have that many people I talk to on there (most are from our work) and he'd see that and think I was really lame.

or maybe he'd think you didnt use Facebook that much. thats what i usually think

Hmm, maybe. I don't know.

Today was a good day at work, though. I was messing around with him. :)

Edited by ycgirl

Should have clarified: I meant hugging after you've hung out. Yeah it'd be weird if you one day started hugging him at work.

You should just add his FB. It's no big deal. One of your main problems it seems is that you over analyze.

Oh and one last thing; anything you do that seems "weird" will quickly become normal within a week or so. This feeling of "weird" is just your ego talking. Think about it; it's weird to hug him at work. You start doing it. His initial reaction will almost certainly be on the lines of "hey, this is new" not "wtf." If you maintain it for a week, it'll become normal. Sure, your coworkers might talk "oh, she likes him" but who cares? In the end you want that to happen.

Also this situation is exactly why you (both guys and girls) initiate touch ASAP (within the first couple of meetings). It shows that you're comfortable with your sexuality and avoids the whole "omfg, do I hug him" crap. It makes escalation a helluva lot easier.

Edited by IdioSyncrasy

i agree with the touching part. it is very impt imo. a simple tap on the elbow after saying goodbye is good enough for me.

as long as he doesn't see you touchy feely with other guys too, im sure he'll get the message. esp when he knows you as not a very touchy person for a year + now issit.

another thing you can initiate is if he is on the slimmer side, just say you went to the gym the other day and you think you can beat him in arm wrestling. challenge him and i'm sure he'll agree.

Step away from the manager.

I have been in a situation similar to yours. Started off very casual and friendly. I ended up quitting the job because I did not like it. The manager and I started dating afterwards. Moved in togther and got engaged. Then I realized I was too young for the commitment. Broke up with him and moved away.

But everyone is different and your manager seems a lot different than mine was...

When you went on that double date was he dating that girl on a regular?

Do you know if he's dating someone now?

Does he flirt with other girls around the office?

Sounds to me like he enjoys the attention. I would put money on it that he knows you like him. He knows you like him a lot. He's using it to his advantage. He's being coy and making you do all the attention seeking. Sure he may like you but he doesn't want you to know it. That would ruin the fun.

However, if you are having fun too and think there is no harm than by all means continue! But within limits. You just stated your work does not allow things like this. May be best to cool it or say to him that you like him but are concerned for both of your jobs. Likely he's thinking the same thing hence the cold shoulder some of the time. But it doesn't sound like you would have to tell him anything or warn him. He's not coming on to you, he's not asking you out to dinner, or coffee, or even to have lunch together at work. He's just playing it cool because he KNOWS you like him. Guys are not stupid. Body language does tell a lot. 85% of communication is body language!!

Honestly (not to hurt your feelings) he probably would sleep with you but would never be in a relationship with you while you are working together. He has a higher up position and has more to lose. Just remember that.

Sounds to me you would be better off liking someone more available and not so aloof.

Edited by JaneDoe26

I see. I suppose your best bet is to either forget him or change jobs (no, don't do this). I'm only a teen, never been faced with this problem. In your situation however, I'd just flirt with other girls in an attempt to forget the current one. One-itis sucks.

Jane, believe me when I say that your average guy blows at taking hints. I used to suck so much, I wish I could punch my past self in the face. I had this girl (this is when acne made me petrified of speaking) CONSTANTLY speak to me, trying to gain my attention. She maintained this for nigh on two years. The whole time I ignored her and didn't realize the signs.

I've seen guys who have girls completely cling onto them. It's so obvious that the girl likes them, but the guy doesn't notice. It's just how we are.

And then there's all the other factors too; what if she's just naturally flirty? What if I'm over analyzing? What if I ruin the friendship? All of these factors serve to prevent guys from acting on our instincts.

Right now, I am a perfect example of this. I like this girl, I'm fairly sure she likes me. I WANT to ask her out. I flirt with her inconsistently (side note: this is a good push and pull method) because I still get moments of doubt. There are days when I will be happy to see her and start being all chatty and flirty. Then there are days where I see her and freeze up - out of fear or nerves, I just suddenly ignore her (not in an obvious way; eg not talking to her. More like not initiating) and question whether I'm being stupid in thinking I have a chance.

Sure he may like you but he doesn't want you to know it. That would ruin the fun.