Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whoeveritis

What can I do AT HOME?

Hello,

I'm new to the boards.

I am overwhelmed by all there is to learn and know about acne scarring and its treatments. I can't keep up with all the terms you're talking about. What's a good starting place to learn about them?

My main question right now is, what can I do at home? Is there any at-home or topical treatment that makes a significant difference? At all?

I'm consulting about Fraxel, but scared to undergo something so dramatic. I guess that's the only way to get dramatic results. Still, I'm also concerned about the price,and I'm not sure I can afford it.

What works at home, then? Anything?

And is is true some of you use injectables even at home? How do you get your hands on that stuff? Is it safe?

Thanks! :)

I would highly recommend dermarolling. It does take quite a while and multiple sessions, but why not? Doesn't take much time :)

Yup I'm doing dermarolling at home too. Affordable and manageable. Just make sure u do enough research before u start. Lamarr's thread titled "ok guys" or the sticky thread on dermarolling is a good place to start.

Good luck!

Edited by hehaho

You may also want to check out this thread on SkinBiology. I am called Dazed on that site. http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a...52/m/3960047365

Also this thread at EssentialDaySpa. I am Dazed here also.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewt...d.php?tid=22460

Take you time and do a lot of reading, and then decide if you want to try dermarolling - The Price is Right and you can do it at home.