Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dwarf1579

Accutane Adventure!

Its my 45th day of my accutane adventure and I think I have started to clear up a lot. However there are MANY MANY red marks that are left behind. All my cysts have flattened out except for one and it seems like there isn't much pus inside it left. The only side effect I have now is just dried skin and chapped lips.

My first month I was on 40mg, for the first part of the second month I was also on 40mg, but now after a blood test my derm said I have high cholesterol, and it would be slightly dangerous for my health if I continued with such a high does, so he set me back at 20mg for the next month.

Also, he told me to use NeoStrata's Spot Lightener to help me remove all the red marks. Any opinions on the lowering of the does or the Neostrata product?

I can post pictures if any are curious about how severe the marks actually are.

All comments are welcome. Thanks

Its my 45th day of my accutane adventure and I think I have started to clear up a lot. However there are MANY MANY red marks that are left behind. All my cysts have flattened out except for one and it seems like there isn't much pus inside it left. The only side effect I have now is just dried skin and chapped lips.

My first month I was on 40mg, for the first part of the second month I was also on 40mg, but now after a blood test my derm said I have high cholesterol, and it would be slightly dangerous for my health if I continued with such a high does, so he set me back at 20mg for the next month.

Also, he told me to use NeoStrata's Spot Lightener to help me remove all the red marks. Any opinions on the lowering of the does or the Neostrata product?

I can post pictures if any are curious about how severe the marks actually are.

All comments are welcome. Thanks

hi. im just curious as to how high was your cholesterol when you doctor decided to reduce your dosage. if you dont mind sharing. Because my cholesterol was high to start with. im still in my first month. im afraid that my high cholesterol might hold me back for getting a higher dosage.

My cholesterol level I think was 1.3

Here are pictures of me that I JUST took. I can post old ones from 1-2 months ago if you're curious of how little or far I came.. I don't even really know..

post-118749-1266818856_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818860_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818863_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818867_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818856_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818860_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818863_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1266818867_thumb.jpg

I'm on day 116 and I think I am 95% clear! but now all thats left is the red marks left behind be my cysts before hand. Are there ways that can help speed up the process of getting my original skin tone back to the way it was before I had any acne? I am on 10MG daily now due to my cholesterol being too high. All comments and opinions are appreciated.

Photos of my process are up to date.

post-118749-1273557447_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1273557453_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1273557447_thumb.jpg

post-118749-1273557453_thumb.jpg

Emu or Jojoba Oil maybe?

any other opinions?? I was wondering more like things to eat or things to do like exercise more or like sleep more or soemthing like that

Emu or Jojoba Oil maybe?

any other opinions?? I was wondering more like things to eat or things to do like exercise more or like sleep more or soemthing like that

What have u used to get this far? Youve made amazing progress since feb

Sleeping too much is bad from my experience. Don't do that bro

Fruits/Veggies/Vitamin E/Omega-3

Emu or Jojoba Oil maybe?

It was Accutane + I played volleyball approximately 3 times a week (which was all the exercise I got) + fruits every night + I cut out all seafood, beef, and ate fried food as little as possible. I never used any face applicants.

Sleeping too much is bad from my experience. Don't do that bro

Fruits/Veggies/Vitamin E/Omega-3

Any specific fruits or vegetables? And when you are talking about Vitamin E and Omega-3 are you referring to taking Vitamin tablets?