Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dn7prh10

For those who have cut out dairy

I don't want to offend those that believe drinking cows milk is a way of life or a gift from the heavens....so if that is how you feel please quit reading and do not comment on this. I am looking for support from those that believe drinking cows milk just biological and genetically do not make sense. My relatives who consume milk are constantly trying to figure out why I don't drink milk or why I think milk is gross. No matter how I word it or explain, they just don't get where I am coming from. For those who have also foregone drinking cows milk for this reason (they just don't think its naturally right) do you have problems with family members trying to pressure you or make sense of your belief? I mean what other cultures/countries besides Europe consume milk from another specie?

All I know is, if I had clear skin or didn't break out from foods, I'd be eating Dairy all day.

I would be the happiest person on Earth if I could eat a pizza anytime I want or taco bell and not worry about my skin..

Oh well. I got dealt my own hand and I gotta play it *shrugs*

My house mates are all acne free, as in the perfect skin kind of way and drink milk all the time. I KNOW it makes a difference when I don't drink it and I am a firm believer no one should drink milk acne or no acne, yet it's difficult to explain to them because acne seems to be the only way to prove that it is very bad for you.

Raw milk = yum, good for you. Morally you may have a problem with it (which is fine) but it's packed full of nutrients so you're only missing out.

Pasteurized milk, now that's a different story. I know somebody who broke out from crappy city processed milk after growing up with proper farm milk. There's a huge difference.

The reason your relatives worship milk is of course because they, very much like the rest of the members of this culture, believe human beings were born agriculturalists and that milk consumption has always been with us and is as natural as consuming wild blueberries from the woods. This is, of course, false. Our ancestors lived off wild plants and animals for 2 or 3 million years. The domestication of "milk animals" like goats and cows is a very, very recent invention and nothing our genes have adapted to. We're talking a few thousand years here. That's less than 1% of the history of our species. Of course before domestication we were all brutal rapists living in caves eating our own children, so I guess 99% of human history is irrelevant. God bless Abel.

Raw milk = yum, good for you. Morally you may have a problem with it (which is fine) but it's packed full of nutrients so you're only missing out.

Pasteurized milk, now that's a different story. I know somebody who broke out from crappy city processed milk after growing up with proper farm milk. There's a huge difference.

But what gets me most about my family is that they think raw milk is disgusting...but pasteurized milk is essential to survival. It drives me crazy...In my opinion if you think raw milk is gross and you would not drink it as such then doesn't that mean you probably shouldn't be drinking any cows or goats milk? They make less sense than me and my "crazy" notion that cows milk is made specifically for baby cows...not humans. thanks for the replies everyone!

It is hard to give up cheese because dairy is a drug. That is a well-known fact. Everyone feels a "happy" or "satisfied" feeling after eating it because it makes our brains release dopamine. Dopamine is what makes alcohol, intimate relations and powerful narcotics like cocaine addicting.

It is addicting because it is meant to get the baby or calf addicted so that it will continue nursing for 1-2 years.

If you want an interesting YouTube movie on its addicting effects, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DoodleBrainz#p/f/3/5VWi6dXCT7I

Edited by Dotty1

A question for those who have experienced positive results by eliminating dairy:

How long did it take for you to see a significant improvement in your skin?

From this and other threads, it seems to have taken most people around a month to see a difference in the amount/severity/frequency of their breakouts. Is this about how long it has taken for those of you that have been successful via dairy elimination? [Of course, I understand that everyone's body is different.]

Thanks for your input, everyone!

I don't think it's morally wrong to utilize a resource if it benefits some people - whether it's naturally intended for us or not.

If people can get health benefits from drinking cow milk, I can't possibly see how that's bad. The only problem is that the pasteurized stuff may have negative impacts on us. I've never had raw milk, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell in most places in the US, so most people who have access to it are farmers or close to those farmers.

Milk is pasteurized to prevent potential disease fro pathogens in the raw stuff. Unfortunately, doing this also probably destroys a lot of enzymes and nutrients - or so I would assume. Not to mention there are a lot of factory farmed cows used for their milk - which probably produces a lesser quality of milk to begin with which may create more pathogens in their milk to begin with.

I've always hated milk, so it isn't that big of a deal to me either way. The only dairy I'd eat was in chocolate or a small selection of cheeses (mozerella, cheddar, provolone) and that was about it. The mere though of drinking a glass of whole or even 2% milk gags me. Can't stand the taste or texture. I used to get along with skim milk because it didn't gross me out as much, so I could use it in cereal, but I stopped doing that, even.

Once I cut out dairy completely, a lot of my smaller cysts (that were never as terrible as some people's) just sort of stopped. My acne is considered mild (at least it was before clearing with diet) so I'm sure that has made a difference in how quickly I saw improvements. I cut out dairy, the couple of cysts I had went away and I haven't had one since.

Shoot I used to literally chug milk. Sometimes when I was thirsty I would just drink it like water. Since stopping I haven't gotten a single inflamed lesion like I used to. To test it out, I used skim milk in my oatmeal like a week ago and I got one inflamed spot on my forehead and a couple on my chin where I literally never break out. That's when I knew I couldn't have any.

It is hard to give up cheese because dairy is a drug. That is a well-known fact. Everyone feels a "happy" or "satisfied" feeling after eating it because it makes our brains release dopamine. Dopamine is what makes alcohol, intimate relations and powerful narcotics like cocaine addicting.

It is addicting because it is meant to get the baby or calf addicted so that it will continue nursing for 1-2 years.

If you want an interesting YouTube movie on its addicting effects, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DoodleBrainz#p/f/3/5VWi6dXCT7I

Ok im stopping diary. I thought that yoghurt was ok. But now i think its not. Im not completly stopping diary tough. I eat like 0.5L of yoghurt each day. Maybe more. If i cut that out i have the most.

This is what i would still eat without yoghurt:

Products with milk (chocolat, snacks, currant bun)

Cooking: my mom cooks with butter, sometimes she adds some milk to some things, i eat soup (is there milk in that?)

once a week something with melted cheese: a sandwich or maybe half a pizza (small pizza not italian big, and not so cheesy)

What is really bad? Maybe the butter?

joris, why not eliminate diary altogether? I haven't had any diary products in about 3 years. You don't need them. Just don't replace them with soy-based stuff or anything. Instead of butter, I suggest you go for coconut fat (looks the same even) or possibly olive oil.

because im lazy :D I only do effective things :D But thanks for the butter alternative. Would oil do fine to ?