Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BomberMan

Will BP Gel bleach my suntan?

I recieved my BP gel from dan this-morning so i plan to start the regimen tonight but i have a very good suntan due to the fact that i use a sunbed to disguise the little red marks left behind by old acne, i already know that BP can bleach hair and clothing so i was wondering if it will do the same to my suntan? i don't want white patches on my chin and cheeks!

also, would it be o,k to carry on using a sunbed while using BP gel?

any info would be greatly appreciated...

No, it doesn't bleach skin.

If anything, and you get a slight reaction to it, your skin will get redder.

cheers cynic, i hope your right!

i know what a sunbed does to you but i'v made an informed decision to use one anyway.

They'r totally awsome to use against acne as they disguse the red blemishes (it makes them go brown too) thus evening out your complexion and (i believe) i have less breakouts for a couple of weeks after using one so i get my confidence back for a while.

yes there is a risk of skin cancer but everything in moderation i rekon.

if i can't be happy confident and sociable then i might aswell be dead anyway....

cheers cynic, i hope your right!

i know what a sunbed does to you but i'v made an informed decision to use one anyway.

They'r totally awsome to use against acne as they disguse the red blemishes (it makes them go brown too) thus evening out your complexion and (i believe) i have less breakouts for a couple of weeks after using one so i get my confidence back for a while.

yes there is a risk of skin cancer but everything in moderation i rekon.

if i can't be happy confident and sociable then i might aswell be dead anyway....

Thanks for confirming that dan, I'v used the gel twice now and i'v had no new spots as of yet.....

Things are looking up smile.gif

Ben- Like i said: everything in moderation.

heavy tanning is bad for you I agree, but I think their o,k to use every once in a while.

Besides, we don't get much sun here in the u,k so my exposure to u,v rays is probably less than or the same as, say somebody who lives in australia or california.

well, thats my theory anyway. :smile:

Tanning beds, even when used in moderation, are very dangerous. Try sunless tanning; that too will cover up marks.

bp makes skin more sun sensitive, so be careful with the tanning beds.

Even if you're not worried about skin cancer, sun damage will cause aging.

I used to use the beds for acne while I was using BP. I never had a problem.

I'm older now, and don't have skin cancer, or look old, but I consider that luck, and I am very grateful. That said, I wouldn't do the tanning bed thing again if I could go back, since I know all of the risks.