Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miss determined

Poor diet and digestion problems

I'm a 16 year old female, and I got acne around the same time I started having real bad digestion problems and started smoking. Which was like.. 7th grade. I quit smoking like 4 months ago and I thought that my acne would get a little better, but it didn't. My digestion problems cause me to not empty out fully when I go and have gas and all that (geez this is a lil embarrassing)..I have a really bad diet, which consists of a bunch of junk food because it happens to be cheaper then healthy food and my family doesn't exactly have a lot of money. There's also like.. no organic stores or farmers markets around here. I'm all the time having cravings for sugary, greasy foods. I tend to pick a lot at my acne also, which is why I now have a face full of dark purple and red scars. I never drink tea or pop, always water. I've tried all the over the counter products, and proactive, and a bunch of meds including BC, nothing has worked. So now I'm thinking I have acne because of my digestion problems. I have noooo idea how to like.. fix this problem.. should I eat a lot of fiber, or just try to eat as healthy as I can? Enemas? Does milk and wheat and grains cause acne?

I think I have moderate acne..and I have big pores(the nose black heads to), oily and sensitive skin, and scars.

I'm sorry there's a lot of questions and stuff, and I'm not even sure if I posted this in the right place, I'm new to this.

Yeah...you need to eat as healthy as possible..I'd suggest taking out one food at a time. Like first sweets, processed foods, then dairy..Get lots and lots of vegetables, they aren't so expensive. Chew your food thoroughly to aid digestion. I could say a LOT more but it really involves buying things like digestive enzymes and other supplements which are pretty pricey.

This is the right place to post. And digestive problems appear to be very common among acne sufferers. One great resource is the pinned thread by sweetjade. Another thing worth looking at is the thread by brenton b.

activia yogurt or make your own

all bran cereal

make cooked veggies the main course

saurkraut is a cheap source of veggies.

All whole grains, nothing processed, starches without fiber in the bran or outside layer will constipate.

easy on the fruit.

inulin can be used as a supplement and laxative.

vitamin d, calcium citrate(best form), magnesium supplement as magnesium citrate i recommened natural calm.

NO- vitamin a, antibiotics, accutane, b5, zinc, benzoyl peroxide, topical antibiotics, retinoic acid, liver flushes.

and unfortunatly for me no tomatoes or fructose(fruit sugar), or too much dairy or saturated fat from animals like bacon or cheese.

Edited by AutonomousOne1980

Eat carrots and drink lots of water ...... you should also work out and play some outdoor game .... that will help cure your digestion problem .... :angel: .

hope you feel better soon.... :comfort:.Stay away :naughty: from bad diet and junk food ... it may lead to constipation .... its really fucking bad. :injured: .. So play outside ,have a healthy diet and you will be fine. :cool:

I don't think you need enemas, at least until you fix your diet. There is no sense washing your insides out if you'll just put bad foods back in your body.

Try cutting out dairy and gluten. Those are the two most common causes of bad digestion problems.