Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
olive14

Cysts on same spot on my chin have been here for a while... They will disappear and then reappear on the same spot as a bump.

For the past few months or so, I've had two-three cysts (I think) on my chin. The bumps are visible, but have no color or head on them, ever. They are hard and painful when touched, depending on the amount of pressure applied.

But they're not always there. Sometimes one or both of them will go away for a couple of weeks or so, but then they will reappear at any given time.

They are always in the EXACT same spot on my chin.

What is going on here?

For the past few months or so, I've had two-three cysts (I think) on my chin. The bumps are visible, but have no color or head on them, ever. They are hard and painful when touched, depending on the amount of pressure applied.

But they're not always there. Sometimes one or both of them will go away for a couple of weeks or so, but then they will reappear at any given time.

They are always in the EXACT same spot on my chin.

What is going on here?

I get them as well. Right and left side of my chin about a quarter diameter i will always get cysts that come and go. Pimples in middle of my chin are always just small whiteheads that heal in a day or so and dont break out as often.

It could be a number of things, but since it tends to go away I would try antibotics first. Go see a derm and do not squeeze them whatever you do. Let me know what happens after a stint with antibotics.

Have you had them injected with cortisone? I would always get a cyst right under my jaw, in the same spot. I finally got it injected and it never popped up there again.

Unless you remove the "seed" or micro-comedone from the lesion then the same spot is likely to flare up again and again. However unless it come to a head then extraction is impossible. Until then I would ice the lesions twice daily for a few minutes to reduce inflammation (ice them as soon as you start to feel them, don't wait until they've grown)...also apply a spot treatment to them. My fav spot treatment is a BP & sulfur mix.

no offense to the person who suggested antibiotics, but those are definitely cysts and will not go away with antibiotics. even accutane cant cure cysts. i show my derm the one i had on my cheek, and she said that someday i can talk to s surgeon about getting it removed. (personally, when it swells up again, i'm gonna lance the thing! heh heh heh)

no offense to the person who suggested antibiotics, but those are definitely cysts and will not go away with antibiotics. even accutane cant cure cysts. i show my derm the one i had on my cheek, and she said that someday i can talk to s surgeon about getting it removed. (personally, when it swells up again, i'm gonna lance the thing! heh heh heh)

i agree, the only way to really get a cyst to leave is with time, a cortisone shot, or accutane