Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
onelittleone

forty are over

just wondering if anyone is over 40 and still dealing with acne on this site?

Im 40 male and had acnce for a long time and tryed everything to rid it even accutane.im now trying dans regamen it keeps me somewhat clear but i still have breakouts i really dont know what else to do our try

i cant explain how it makes me feel when im broke out at this age its taking a real effect on my social life and even my marriage. i have a real attitude when im broke out and it makes me feel like crap i even get sick to my stomic when i look at my face.

i gess i just need to know i not the only one here in there 40's and here how ya'll deal with it at this age

Nope, I am 50 and still deal with this crap and on top of that I now have lines, wrinkles and puffiness that I think make me look older than I am. But as a female I think my hormones are still acting up. I have always taken care of my skin because of acne, still eat a good diet, lots of water so I don't know what else to do for my skin either. Vitamins have helped me lots, e,c,a,zinc and gentle exfoliation every day. I think mine is so much stress(kids,work,economy, husband) seems like every little thing makes me flip out! so, you are not alone, oh and getting an attitude because of a break out goes double for me too! My hair can look great, my clothes, my body, but 1 or 2 or a buch of zits and I can go physco!!! Elf

Nope, I am 50 and still deal with this crap and on top of that I now have lines, wrinkles and puffiness that I think make me look older than I am. But as a female I think my hormones are still acting up. I have always taken care of my skin because of acne, still eat a good diet, lots of water so I don't know what else to do for my skin either. Vitamins have helped me lots, e,c,a,zinc and gentle exfoliation every day. I think mine is so much stress(kids,work,economy, husband) seems like every little thing makes me flip out! so, you are not alone, oh and getting an attitude because of a break out goes double for me too! My hair can look great, my clothes, my body, but 1 or 2 or a buch of zits and I can go physco!!! Elf

thanks for the reply 'elgrirl' i also think my breakouts have to do with stress & i totally understand the attitude

with me ill be clear for months than over night im brokeout but im going to my derm wednesday and asking for some help i cant tell you how frustrated i am with this crap

Best of luck & thanks again

thanks for the reply 'elgrirl' i also think my breakouts have to do with stress & i totally understand the attitude

with me ill be clear for months than over night im brokeout but im going to my derm wednesday and asking for some help i cant tell you how frustrated i am with this crap

Best of luck & thanks again

Fear not you are definitely not alone,

Well good luck Wed. I went today (Tuesday). I'm 44 yrs old and I have had this problem since I was 14 or so, sick of it is an understatement. It makes me feel like the ugliest girl around. At this point I have it mainly on one section of my face, that changes over the years which section of my face gets tormented for a time. I have done the Accutane thing also that was a nightmare. One of my fingers has a slight deformity from it. At this time I'm taking Adoxa and using Ziana gel, which is a clindamycin/tretoin gel. I'm not impressed, I have been using it for about three weeks. In between the Derm. has used laser on that section and done a chemical peel to loosen up the black and white heads. My acne is under the moderate category. Frustrated, I hear you loud and clear on that, embarrassing, depressing, etc. A lot of my stress is because it is so embarrassing. Top it all off Adoxa is a Tetracycline and I have tetracycline stained teeth from when I was a little kid. So to have to take Tetracycline after that damage has been done isn't very comforting. I hate to be such a complainer, sorry. Well just know you're not alone with any of it.

Good Luck,

thanks 'Marel' it conforts me to know im not alone but then again saddens me to know that someone else is going throw the same thing

Frustrated,Deperessing,and yes lets not forget embarrasing im at the point were i dont like to be seen when i brokeout i just sit and hide from the world and yes sick of it is most deffently a understatement

i wish there was something i could do for all of us to just make it go away

Best of luck to you and thanks again

Edited by onelittleone