Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coolguy

alpha lipoic acid and accutane

hi, im just wondering. i've taken 3 rounds of accutane and i finished my last one about less than 2 months ago. i don't know how long i have before i break out with those huge boils again but i want to try to stop it in its tracks before it does. so i heard this lipoic acid is an antioxidant for liver and can help with acne. but i'm scared because while i still have the effects of accutane still allowing my skin to be clear, that taking alpha lipoic acid will clear the effects of accutane in the liver and as a result causing me to breakout. i want to take ALA if it will help clear my acne along with a good diet. please help! thanks.

Wow man, that sounds nightmarish. Maybe it's time for a complete lifestyle scrutinization and overhaul. I'd say give the ALA a try, and start researching a lot more about the links of health/diet/lifestyle and acne if you are serious about preventing its return. You may have to be more vigilant than ever considering the damage thats potentially been done to your body from 3 courses of such a powerful drug. Best of luck to you!

thanks. i'm thinking i may eventually have no choice but to go on a 4th round :(. because really, going to work or school with the biggest boils on your face is the worst ever.