Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
etfoo2009

eating a lot and acne

well my acne was under control for a while up until a months ago and i couldnt think of what was the cause of this. but ive been reading some of the other posts and i was wondering if a higher calorie diet could be the cause. starting at about a month ago, i had started to eat significantly more as well as right before i sleep more often and have gained about 10 pounds. Could this increase in food intake as well as eating at night be the cause of my sudden breakouts or is this just a myth?

eating more will not cuase you to get acne, infact we dont even have proof that food gives us acne! But nevertheless whenever i eat sumthing like chocolate or milk, i seem to break out the next day as a result of it. So there u have it, eating lots will not give u acne, but i do have a question, waht kinds of food are u eating? =P

I suggest to eat every 2 hour... at least 70-90% healthy.

For best result, stick with 90%. Which means, avoiding sugars, white wheat, junk food.. etc

Eat healthy carbs before you sleep. :)

Edited by EddieE

In general, eat a healthy diet with exercise. Even if this does not improve or affect your skin, do it for your other body systems: immune, cardiovascular, muscular, skeletal and respiratory health.

Edited by Jonima

In general, eat a healthy diet with exercise. Even if this does not improve or affect your skin, do it for your other body systems: immune, cardiovascular, muscular, skeletal and respiratory health.

I second that :)

As another user posted the link for, I made a thread with the same concept. I also eat alot throughout the day, almost non stop. My acne seems to be getting worse and worse even though I have cut out the major problems (sugar, dairy, etc) so I've started thinking that it's caused by overeating. There is a diet called the warrior diet which mainly focuses on eating healthy foods but only one meal a day so that your body is in a fasting state for the other 23 hours each day. Maybe this is something you could try? I tried but I need to work up to it.

Edited by Jay326