Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simplicate

Need someone to talk to

I feel really lonely. None of my best friends (who live on the other side of the world) realize I am so insecure about myself, nor are they actually really aware of the fact that my skin is freaking out. I tried talking to my mom about it, but she called me a failure for telling her that sometimes I don't feel like leaving the house when my face looks like the surface of the moon.

This forum is probably the closest I can get to a confidante so I was hoping maybe I can find a few people who I can talk to outside of the forum, like a pen pal but online. If anyone feels the same way, it would be great if you can post here and tell me a little bit about yourself.

You can visit my log for some general information on who I am, and feel free to ask questions. :)

Wow I scanned through your log and you've been through as many crazy different methods of getting rid of acne as I have. I find that the false hope of a new regime/medicine/treatment can be just as bad as the acne itself because you just know from experience that it will probably just fail again.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about it, but I also want to just want to share this piece of experience with you:

Online friendships/penpals/etc can be nice, but at the same time they can be a bit self-destructive because they reinforce your behavior of hiding away from the world. This comes back full circle too, because the more you hide away the less confidence you have in yourself, and lower your self-esteem becomes. It's hard to be confident and go out into the world to meet people, and I too battle with it everyday, but the rewards are much much greater.

Either way though, I wish you luck :)

Sure , i will be your friend .... iam new here ... i feel very lonely many times .... you can chat with me if you want.. :angel:

PM me for my msn if you wan someone to talk to. There used to be a chat function here where there is almost always someone around, was taken down tho.

I doubt most ppl will post their personal details here tho.

I am down to have someone to talk to you. i go through the same thing day in and day out. I dont know what to do. pm me if you want