Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zynal

ALL THE GIRLS GET OUT OF THE ROOM..ITS A GUY THING!

Correlation does not equal causation. Just because someone stopped masturbating for a week and they thought their acne improved, you cannot say with any certainty that masturbation causes acne, even for that person alone. There are so many factors contributing to the development of acne. In order examine a potential contributing factor, you need to isolate it and control all other factors. That's part of the scientific method, but its very difficult to do on your own at home. (For example, you need to control your: cosmetic products used (both amount and frequency), diet, sleeping habits, stress levels, exercise, touching your face etc etc.) For that reason, I value the conclusions of peer reviewed journal articles over forum members who have a sample size of 1

If you follow my logic, then maybe you can stop beating yourself up over a perfectly natural (and in some ways useful!) habit, and instead use acne treatments that have been shown to be effective time and again.

Lol this is embarrassing it musta look like I stalked this topic the whole time xD I always open a few pages at once n I didn't even get on this page till now but I opened it like 7 hours ago lmao. I swearrr :P!

On the topic

I have nooo cluuueee. 2 things I know about it though(I'm a curious cat okk??:P): 1) masturbation releases 'happy hormones' which is probably why it feels like a stress reliever 2) too much ejaculation can deplete your body of zinc and therefore lead to depression

Iunno just do what makes you good! But like most things, too much isn't very good.

Good luck xD

If masturbation caused "acne" wouldn't everyone have acne then? think about it..

When people on this site say that so and so causes acne, they mean that it affects people who are already genetically susceptible to acne, not everyone in the general populace.

For example, milk has been scientifically proven to cause acne, but ONLY in people who are already susceptible to it. After all, not everyone in the world who drinks milk gets acne, right?

Edited by Beautiful Day

This is a topic i always hear about and i think its laughable. How can masturbation cause acne? Assuming sex and masturbation is the same when you truly just see the end results although one is much funner than the other, we as humans are made to multiply and basically have sex as much as possible. Thats why us guys are so horny all the time because its how our bodies make sure that we go out there and spread our seeds survive keep our species going basically. Its perfectly healthy and one of my doctors even told me it helps with acne, but this is WAY before i ever had acne. Its like a vent for our hormones thats how i think of it. If your not having sex or masturbating for a while i think your going to build up too much pressure in your poor body and that will probably make you breakout lol. Especially, if your young. Girls can be the same but its a fact that for guys its diffrent. Our hormones are just too hard to ignore. If i was you i wouldnt worry about it so much. Now if you masturbate like crazy then there can always be a negative effect to doing something excessively. The limit and what the repercussions to that is...i truly dont know.

Edited by Help Wanted

To be frank, I don't agree with the above poster. For one, guys CAN possess self-control, whether it has to do with sex or masturbation. It's a personal choice.

Two, any girl can have just as high of a sex drive as a typical man.

Limit myself to once a week. Not cos I believe in this acne crap though. From what I've read masturbating decreases testosterone levels when done frequently. Fuck me if I'm gonna effeminate myself for about 6 seconds' pleasure.

lol wow i have not checked this in a long time hahaha I THOUGHT I TOLD ALL THE GIRLS TO GET OUT!!!!

if there are any girls living in new zealand maybe you could help me out with my problem :lol:;)

Edited by zynal
This is a topic i always hear about and i think its laughable. How can masturbation cause acne? Assuming sex and masturbation is the same when you truly just see the end results although one is much funner than the other, we as humans are made to multiply and basically have sex as much as possible. Thats why us guys are so horny all the time because its how our bodies make sure that we go out there and spread our seeds survive keep our species going basically. Its perfectly healthy and one of my doctors even told me it helps with acne, but this is WAY before i ever had acne. Its like a vent for our hormones thats how i think of it. If your not having sex or masturbating for a while i think your going to build up too much pressure in your poor body and that will probably make you breakout lol. Especially, if your young. Girls can be the same but its a fact that for guys its diffrent. Our hormones are just too hard to ignore. If i was you i wouldnt worry about it so much. Now if you masturbate like crazy then there can always be a negative effect to doing something excessively. The limit and what the repercussions to that is...i truly dont know.

Simple. Some people just have Fcked up bodies that cant process the surge of hormones. I don't like to do it (much) anymore because:

1. I would feel sooooo guilty (every single time) AFTER, like a criminal, like I deserve to die painfully or something. I would feel like I'm less of a person. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do- im not religious or anything - and I dont believe its a "sin".

2. I do think it made my acne worse - and I know for sure it makes my skin extremely oily.

3. I KNOW it contributed to my depression, shyness, self loathing, and feelings of inadequacy.

I do not know why masturbation is such an issue with me. I just hope I wouldn't feel the same way with actual sex (as in a relationship). I dont think I will but life may just want to fck me over and make me live out the rest of my life alone.

Edited by Alex_09
From what I've read masturbating decreases testosterone levels when done frequently. Fuck me if I'm gonna effeminate myself for about 6 seconds' pleasure.

Well, if that was true, we'd have a lot of men with breasts walking around. ;)

wow thanks to every one.....i have decided to have naughty time :cool: every monday and wednesday night.... every other day is go to bed and sleep promise :angel:

wow thanks to every one.....i have decided to have naughty time :cool: every monday and wednesday night.... every other day is go to bed and sleep promise :angel:

naughty naughty *borat voice*

I really believe masturbation is completely normal but anything done in excess can be bad. You shouldn't be embarassed or ashamed of doing it either people in the church can't even keep there pants up but that's different. It just goes to show you even people that have jobs that forbid them of such things can't even abide to them sometimes. Personally I can't help myslelf haha. I need a girlfriend damn

Edited by teamzissou84

Kairasa, how can you talk about self control in both posts but you don't even have the self control to stay out of an all guys thread. But honestly to choose self control on sex and masturbation is going against what men were made for. You think any other male animal thinks twice about having self control over sex, no there is a reason we produce so much of the sex hormone testosterone.

Kairasa, how can you talk about self control in both posts but you don't even have the self control to stay out of an all guys thread.

:lol: Yea, Kai. What's up with that? :razz:

Kairasa, how can you talk about self control in both posts but you don't even have the self control to stay out of an all guys thread. But honestly to choose self control on sex and masturbation is going against what men were made for. You think any other male animal thinks twice about having self control over sex, no there is a reason we produce so much of the sex hormone testosterone.

Male human beings also have a brain, oddly enough. And reasoning, one would hope. Thus self-control.

What's even more odd is so do other male species, but it's biology, it is what it is, controlling my sexuality, in essence, is unnatural. Unless you're a guy you wouldn't know the bombardment of sexual desire that comes with being male. Sorry, I just here too many girls tell guys to have self control on this aspect of nature. But guys, have some self control, just don't let girls tell you to!

haha if you put a title like that girls will read your thread..I'm a girl.

I am comfortable with the fact that guys masterbate..in fact if a guy doesn't I'll think it's strange. Even girls do so.. hey if we aren't supposed to masterbate why can our hands reach those areas? haha. I just wish more girls masturbated... personally I think my sex drive is real high and I can't imagine what else to do in situations when you are bursting from the sexual energy. In fact I think I have a guy's sex drive or something and I'm a girl stuck in a guy's body... but talks with my girlfriends make me realise I am actually pretty normal and that many girls are just repressing their sexual side!

Not sure about the link between masturbation and zits though...

Edited by pchic

so, i haven't read anything except for the fist post, but has anyone explained why this is a guy thing?

i mean, everyone does it.

next we're gonna pretend girls don't poop.