Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ItsJustRichard

Accutane questions, and general advice needed! :)

Hey!

I'm 16 years old (Male) and i'm going to be starting a course of accutane in just under a weeks time, my acne is not too bad, only a few actives at a time, and the very occasional cysts on my back/chin.

I think i'm starting on 30mg a day, I weigh roughly 130 lbs and i'm 5'11. Firstly, I was wondering whether a 5 month course on this dosage would clear me up for good? Chances are i'll get an increase maybe at some point, but i'm not really sure about how this will work out...

Secondly, following on from the last question, would the fact that my acne is not too bad mean theres more chance of me being fully clear at the end of the course? and will I see improvement a bit faster?

And one more thing, i have a massive problem with confidence, but at the moment im pretty much clear from using a topical erythromycin, so ive been alot better recently. However, I think very dry lips and my acne worsening might make me terrible again :( I just got a girlfriend who i really really like, and I think she might stop liking me if my skin goes baddd :( any ideas/opinions?

Thanks for any replies! Wish me luck :)