Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Max Quin

Please comment on my Regimen.

I really need help, I've had acne ever since I can remember I guess most of you can relate. Thing is I've been using BP for a while now and I've pretty much cleared up most of my face, sadly though the acne pesists everyday to return here and there on my cheeks and I woke up this morning even after applying BP as usual to find a spot on my forehead and my forehead has been clear for a whole 6 months. I'm just so frustrated to have gotten so far but it seems like a never-ending battle I get rid of certain spots but others appear to replace them.

Anyhow here's my new regimen please comment on some of the products and advice some news ones, it frustrates me how many products there are just to confuse the hell out of me:

Morning

----------

-Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

-Quinoderm Antibacterial Facialwash

-Olay Refreshing Toner (Only sometimes, embarrasingly I wear foundation to hide my spots sometimes (Yes it gets that bad))

-St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting (2% Salicylic Acid)

-Quinoderm Cream (10% Benzoyl Peroxide)

-Centaphil Moisturiser

Night

----------

-Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

-Olay Refreshing Toner (Only sometimes, embarrasingly I wear foundation to hide my spots sometimes (Yes it gets that bad))

-Quinoderm Cream (10% Benzoyl Peroxide)

-Centaphil Moisturiser

Sometimes I'll put on a mint facial masque as well. I know it seems a lot of stuff but I can't decide what I need and what I don't, I'm scared if I leave one product out my acne will return in full form..

Also can anyone recommend me anything for my hyperpigmentation scars, I have a tanned skin tone so after getting acne very usually get hyperpigmentation scars, I used Bio-Oil for sometime but that seemed to really take it's time, and the differences were minimal. I've looked into and ordered a 12.5% TCA peel (I know how to use it) but I'm unsure on if I should prepare for it with a Glycolic Peel or a Lactic Acid peel for maximum effect.

Another annoying skin issue I have is I have horrible dark circles, which I seem to have inherited from my mother, annoyingly no one else in my family out of my three other brothers has inherited it. It also seems to have only gotten worse when I introduced my BP regimen to my face as when the BP dried out my skin by dark circles got really horrible, the moistruiser I'm using helps somwhat. I've looked into thinks like Cucumber Gels, Vitamin K but ultimately I'm just as confused for good products for this as much as I am for acne.

Sigh I hate my skin. Wish I could wakeup to normal clear skin, I get so paranoid as of recent I hate going out in sunlight (I'm like a vampire) because my acne is so noticeable and my hyperpigmentation scars stand out like no tommorow. I also tend to look only in certain mirrors that I'm confident with, as certain lighting makes my skin look super horrid. Like I said I even resulted to wearing foundation that doesn't feel exactly male but it gives me some confidence but then I feel like everyone will notice I'm wearing makeup. I hate this! I can't go out and just enjoy myself :(

Your skin must be DRYYYYY......I think you have way too much going on.......Im a guy so I dont wear makeup, but washing you're face with three different products (Cetaphil, quinoderm, and the SA scrub) seems like overkill. I would recommend finding a cleanser that takes care of everything (cleansing, makeup, etc...). You can lose the antibacterial facialwash since your using 10%BP. The BP will kill any bacteria you have on your skin. Plus I wouldn't use the scrub twice a day......Maybe twice a week is a better call.

ALSO: it has been mentioned numerous times that 2.5% BP is just as effective as higher percentages without the irritation and dryness......I would recommend bumping down to at least a 5% BP cream if not 2.5%.

Your skin must be DRYYYYY......I think you have way too much going on.......Im a guy so I dont wear makeup, but washing you're face with three different products (Cetaphil, quinoderm, and the SA scrub) seems like overkill. I would recommend finding a cleanser that takes care of everything (cleansing, makeup, etc...). You can lose the antibacterial facialwash since your using 10%BP. The BP will kill any bacteria you have on your skin. Plus I wouldn't use the scrub twice a day......Maybe twice a week is a better call.

ALSO: it has been mentioned numerous times that 2.5% BP is just as effective as higher percentages without the irritation and dryness......I would recommend bumping down to at least a 5% BP cream if not 2.5%.

Thanks my skin isn't dry at all actually though, as I built up from 2.5% and 5% BP up to 10% that I'm using now, so my skin has sort of adjusted to it, I agree it's an awful lot and may be doing more damage then good, thank you for replying though.

Wow, you're using way too many products. You only need one cleanser, not 3. Cut the scrub to once a week as it's really irritating and moisturize right after using it. I agree with Imthorpedo, drop the antibacterial wash and just stick with the cetaphil.

Wow, you're using way too many products. You only need one cleanser, not 3. Cut the scrub to once a week as it's really irritating and moisturize right after using it. I agree with Imthorpedo, drop the antibacterial wash and just stick with the cetaphil.

Ok thanks alot I've heard good things about the Qunioderm Antibacterial wash in terms of acne so shouldn't I swap that out for the cetaphil which is more of a general cleanser. I've heard people have regimens where they exfoliate daily is my choice of scrub simply to harsh?

Any tips on hyperpigmentation scar products or anything for undereye dark circles??

well from what i have learned throughough searching through the forums, things like that qunioderm antibacterial wash are medicated and arent made for the regimen. Your supposed to use a non medicated cleanser that will just clean your face so that you can apply the bp. i used to use panoxyl 2.5, i switched to dan's cleanser, now my face is clearing ! :)

well from what i have learned throughough searching through the forums, things like that qunioderm antibacterial wash are medicated and arent made for the regimen. Your supposed to use a non medicated cleanser that will just clean your face so that you can apply the bp. i used to use panoxyl 2.5, i switched to dan's cleanser, now my face is clearing ! :)

Ok so I get what your saying is stuff like Quinoderm's Facial Wash would be used seperately to medicate acne as opposed to using it in a BP regimen.

Stop using these...

no, im saying just like bcbcbc, dont use any of the washes or toners and stuff, and just use the cetaphil since its very gentle and will just wash your face so you can apply the bp. To follow the regimen correctly, you need a non medicated wash, and the bp with a good moisturizer, nothing else