Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AI3forever

How to not feel awful everyday.

I have moderate scarring on my cheeks due to acne. I feel awful everyday for years already. Its really taken a toll on me. Imagine a very bad day in your life and reliving it everyday! How do i feel better? I've never had a happy day ever since I had scars, thats how sad my life is.

I have kinda new scars on my forehead, but I have a lottt of them. I just remember it feels better to have scars then to have the actual pimples there. At least you're skin is smooth for the most part. Just remember, they are better than pimples!

I have kinda new scars on my forehead, but I have a lottt of them. I just remember it feels better to have scars then to have the actual pimples there. At least you're skin is smooth for the most part. Just remember, they are better than pimples!

that's such a bad analogy : /

At least you're skin is smooth for the most part. Just remember, they are better than pimples!

i hope this is a joke.. not better.. worse.. not smooth.. rough..

scars arent like acne. acne goes away. scars dont. its a completely different feeling to have scars that last forever..

to the op. you just have to learn to live with it. everyday is the same hell.. but what else is there?

maybe try to find something you like doing and focus on that more often. try to take your mind off of your skin for a while. its hard to do, but with time it gets easier.

Sorry if I explained this wrong. At least with my scars, which are slight indents and mostly red marks, they can be covered up. And since I have less pimples, I can at least rub the area with the scars and it's not as bumpy as having pimples there. I guess it's different for types of scarring, but I'd rather have my red marks then big bumps on my forehead.

As for how to feel better, just realize there are other qualities that people love about you. Whenever I feel bad about my skin, I just think, at least I have (for example) a good sense of humor.

Like I always repeat what my friend told me when I told her I was going on accutane. She heard about the plausible cause of depression and told me, "Erin, just try not to change cause you have such a great personality." It's dumb but I'll never forget she said that and it makes me feel better and ignore my skin.

Sorry if I explained this wrong. At least with my scars, which are slight indents and mostly red marks, they can be covered up. And since I have less pimples, I can at least rub the area with the scars and it's not as bumpy as having pimples there. I guess it's different for types of scarring, but I'd rather have my red marks then big bumps on my forehead.

As for how to feel better, just realize there are other qualities that people love about you. Whenever I feel bad about my skin, I just think, at least I have (for example) a good sense of humor.

Like I always repeat what my friend told me when I told her I was going on accutane. She heard about the plausible cause of depression and told me, "Erin, just try not to change cause you have such a great personality." It's dumb but I'll never forget she said that and it makes me feel better and ignore my skin.

I understand exactly what you are saying. do scars suck...yea, but i would have them over a face full of pimples anyday. I guess at this pt. in my life i would just be happy to be rid of all my acne. Its kinda like the scars are a thing of the past and that the pimples are more present, idk if that makes sense haha. As bad as scars look i guess i just think they look better than pimples

Try to stay positive, now that you're acne is gone you can start fighting those scars with everything you've got. Some of us with active acne are still waiting for the day that we can get out of the ring fighting acne and jump in the ring for the fight with the scars. I don't believe that all scars are forever. I think that there are many things that can be done to reduce their appearance. There are peels (lactic, glycolic, etc), microdermabrasion, needling, laser, copper peptide serum. I can't say that they will be 100% effective, but if they keep you hoping, and moving forward then they are better than doing nothing at all. Keep your chin up and always look forward. I think everyone on this board knows how it feel to have days (even weeks, months and years) of feeling ugly, hopeless and embarressed. For the days where it gets too much we're here to keep you going and I have found much comfort in hearing that there are other people out there who feel just like me.

I'm sorry but anyone who wishes to have acne scars instead of actual acne either A) Doesn't have actual acne scaring and/or doesn't know what it looks like or B) Is a moron. Choose one.

I'm sorry but anyone who wishes to have acne scars instead of actual acne either A) Doesn't have actual acne scaring and/or doesn't know what it looks like or B) Is a moron. Choose one.

haha welp for me my acne was bad enough so that once a pimple goes away it usually seemed to leave a scar. now as much as i would like to treat my scars, i must first be totally clear and hopefully done with acne because it seemed that everything i tried would just break me out. so for me scars are just the next progression to clear skin, kinda like stage two in the three stage process so i guess stage two is better than being in stage one.

This is true. I was still taking pretty pictures with my face when I had moderate acne, wasn't even really worried. When it got severe then I was getting worried, but i really didnt act fast enough which resulted in very obvious and ugly scars ( which is 90% worst then all the scar pics ive seen in this forum ), seems like most people's acne scars are slight identions or near perfect skin. Having scars is 200 times more worst trust me, from someone who has both.

SameSongAndDance - Sorry, I guess my scarring is not too bad. I have mostly dark red marks that I really don't like. I wouldn't know what it would be like to have severe scars. But I notice more when people have acne than when they have scars. That's just my take, sorry if I'm wrong.

scars ( which is 90% worst then all the scar pics ive seen in this forum ), seems like most people's acne scars are slight identions or near perfect skin. Having scars is 200 times more worst trust me, from someone who has both.

im in the same boat

but in my opinion, the people with truly severe scarring dont usually post their pics. i know i havent.. and i dont plan to..

i sense a lonely life ahead..

scars ( which is 90% worst then all the scar pics ive seen in this forum ), seems like most people's acne scars are slight identions or near perfect skin. Having scars is 200 times more worst trust me, from someone who has both.

im in the same boat

but in my opinion, the people with truly severe scarring dont usually post their pics. i know i havent.. and i dont plan to..

i sense a lonely life ahead..

I posted my pics.... I've seen a couple of pretty severe scarring pics around too. Its more of preference than severity I think. Im certain regardless of the actual severity, our scars are all severe to us.

Edited by Vanzzzz

Try and find solace with things that require no human contact, which you can then extort and exploit later once you become proficient enough. E.g. Mind Control.

I completely understand how sad it must be to feel like your face isnt making you happy. BUT consider the alternative, imagine if someone told you you had cancer? Or that someone you love dearly was going to pass soon, how sad would THAT be? How sad would it be to live each day thinking you or someone you love may die. That is sadness, money cannot buy life. Appreciate that you are still healthy. Often we focus on the only things we can find wrong with ourselves but life could always be worse. When i start to get sad i tell myself that life is too short, it may take a long time to heal BUT if you surround yourself with people who dont care about your scarring, with people who love and encourage you for who you are you will learn to live without a care for the things you CANNOT CHANGE. Dont dwell on WHY this happened to you, try and find the positive, no matter how small the positive may seem, focus on it. You have the power to train your brain to see the good..if you continue as you have with negative feelings you can rest assured your life will be lonely because no one likes to hang out with a debbie downer. Acne will not defeat you, do not let it! Good luck!

I posted my pics.... I've seen a couple of pretty severe scarring pics around too. Its more of preference than severity I think. Im certain regardless of the actual severity, our scars are all severe to us.

i actually remember seeing your post in the scars section. your scars are moderate as far as im concerned.

you took the picture in some terrible lighting and even then its not THAT bad. by that i mean that its at least treatable with the right procedures.

my scars look 10x worse in good lighting. in bad lighting.. .. my scars arent treatable.. thats what brings me down.

but the post above me is right. you shouldnt dwell on the things you cant change. and for what its worth ive learned to live with my insecurities. but most people will never see me for me. i mean there are those few exceptions.. but those people are truly rare in this world. and finding a women who can look at me without making a face in disgust is.. a real task.. to say the least

i actually remember seeing your post in the scars section. your scars are moderate as far as im concerned.

you took the picture in some terrible lighting and even then its not THAT bad. by that i mean that its at least treatable with the right procedures.

my scars look 10x worse in good lighting. in bad lighting.. .. my scars arent treatable.. thats what brings me down.

but the post above me is right. you shouldnt dwell on the things you cant change. and for what its worth ive learned to live with my insecurities. but most people will never see me for me. i mean there are those few exceptions.. but those people are truly rare in this world. and finding a women who can look at me without making a face in disgust is.. a real task.. to say the least

Lol generally I wont need people to look at me in disgust. All I need to do is look into a mirror and I myself am disgusted. But I have learnt to live with my insecurities as well, and am able to converse normally with anyone. Also, concentrating on the task at hand helps me to not feel awful everyday, maybe it will help u AI3 :D

How to not feel awful everyday: don't let your acne/scars rule your life.

Try to avoid thinking about it, don't spend much time looking in the mirror, etc. Worrying about it is only going to make things worse for you.

Edited by mx123

Don't feel awful about having acne and scars on your face.

Don't examine your face or look closely at it. Pretend like you have the most beautiful skin in the world. In fact, just try your hardest not to think about acne (which is easier said than done, but it works). Try to occupy your time with other interests and activities to keep your mind clear of negative thoughts about your face. And most importantly, don't worry about what other people think.

Hope that helps!

Edited by GorJess