Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
marti783

Masturbation/Arousal and Acne

okay so i've started noticing a connection between my breakouts and arousal. what i mean by this is, for the past few years that i can remember, each time i've met a girl and began talking to her i've suffered a break out a few days later. there doesn't have to be any sexual activity or anything, literally just talking or developing a connection. at first i just thought it was coincidence and the most awful luck ever. but now, as the hormone and acne connection is apparent to me, i don't think it's coincidence at all! meeting a girl and having feels for her is causing my hormones to kick into overdrive and thus making me break out! (theory). has anyone else noticed this with their own personal experience??

also, in order to combat this, my theory is to masturbate more. i know this is a taboo subject so bare with me and i don't mean to sound crass but my theory is if i masturbate more (2 times a day) this may keep my hormones from going crazy when i meet a girl. just a theory. i apologize for sounding like a creep if i do. let me know what you think!

You could be onto something with the arousal thing. If you have unbalanced hormones anything that gets them going could lead to acne. Do you stress out with girls and think about them too much?

Your "solution" is ridiculous though. :lol: How exactly is that going to stabilise your hormones.

lol i don't mean that i break out when i simple speak to a girl. when i meet a girl that i'm attracted to, and she's attracted to me and we start to talk and then hangout etc, i will usually break out soon after.

the theory behind my solution is that if i do my thing twice a day, i'll be less aroused when i'm with a girl. i guess i tend to get overaly excited when i meet a girl i like. so reducing UNCESSARY arousal will maybe balance my hormones when i meet a girl. i know it sounds weird but i really do think there is SOME logic to it. lol maybe not, who knows.

Bro i am goin to tell you right now that talking to girls does not cause acne, neither does arousel. Masturbation however does in some cases, especially over masturbation. I would say from your comment about masturbating twice a day that you prolly spank it a lot. So tone it down and it should get better. You should limit yourself 1-2 times a week. Sperm contains all sorts of essential vitamins and minerals and we lose that with overejaculation. Also over-ejaculation causes hormonal issues as well which can cause acne also.

You don't sound like a creep, lol. I'm not an expert, but there may a some sort of link between sexual hormones, and acne as teenage acne is caused by significant hormonal changes in the body. There are also other hormonal conditions like polycystic ovarian syndrome that cause acne. Masturbation may not be your ultimate remedy but do you (no pun intended, lol). Why don't you check out my post about how a I cured my acne by cutting out meat.

Bro i am goin to tell you right now that talking to girls does not cause acne, neither does arousel. Masturbation however does in some cases, especially over masturbation. I would say from your comment about masturbating twice a day that you prolly spank it a lot. So tone it down and it should get better. You should limit yourself 1-2 times a week. Sperm contains all sorts of essential vitamins and minerals and we lose that with overejaculation. Also over-ejaculation causes hormonal issues as well which can cause acne also.

you're right about sperm containing vitamins and minerals but i think you're misunderstanding me. i'm not saying talking to girls is causing my acne. if i made it sound like that i'm sorry for not explaining good enough. it's my bodies RESPONSE to talking to girls. who know's maybe stress is a big part of it too. but i know how i feel when i get stressed and i don't think i'm stressed when it comes to girls. but the same way eating alot of sugar will cause your hormones to go crazy so can becoming aroused (in my opinion). everyone's different. maybe when i get aroused my hormones really go crazy. and it's not like it's every once and a while. it's after every time i meet a new girl. like clockwork.

So how do you plan to masturbate without getting aroused?

lol okay let me try explaining it this way. try going like 2 weeks without masturbating. for most guys, that's almost impossible but by the end of the second week what's going through your mind? well for me, it's i want to jump on every girl i see no matter what they look like. all i'm thinking about it sex. now try masturbating at least once a day, maybe even twice. what's going through your mind. well probably not sex. (that seinfeld episode about "the contest" is a perfect example). the hormonal change whille masturbating is minimal according to the studies from dan. so the time spent masturbating isn't really affecting your hormones. i assume it's because it's a pretty short time period. well if you go 1-2 weeks without masturbating, and you're super "charged," why is it so crazy to assume that your body and hormones aren't "charged" as well. by masturbating more frequently, in my theory, you're never letting your body become too "charged." i really don't think it's THAT crazy of a theory.

I've gone about a year without masturbating now. The withdrawal symptoms fade if you can stick to it. That's the only true way you'll achieve hormonal balance. Research DHT and masturbation. Excessive masturbation converts more testosterone into DHT which is common for acne sufferers to have larger quantities of. It's also linked to baldness.

I understand what you're saying, it could stop your hormones even going anywhere, but it'll come at a cost. You're basically planning to kill your sex drive and energy levels. What girl will be attracted to a lifeless drone? It's not a solution, you'd just be switching one handicap for another.

That's assuming it even works, which I HIGHLY doubt. If you're adamant you're onto something, give it a try and prove me wrong. It would be interesting at the very least. Fap away.

lol. talking to girls causes acne?

that really sucks man

so talking to girls now don't just give you cooties, but acne as well?!? awww, that sucks!!!

lol, this thread got me rofl-ing

:D:clap:

I dont really think this is a good theory. And if it is, there would be no good solution. Btw if its really hormones maybe supplement... Thats a better solution i guess. I had a crazy theory once , nobody believed me to :P

But the sollution is not really a good sollution..

EDIT: i was reading something on a site and found this that might support your theory:

"In one pleasant experiment, five men were confined on a sailboat for 14 days and had their testosterone levels monitored. They had similar testosterone levels before and after the trip, but towards the end of the trip the higher-ranking men (in the social hierarchy that emerged during the trip) had more testosterone than the others. These results parallel those in rhesus monkeys. Another experiment found that men’s testosterone levels are higher than usual during and immediately after having intercourse, but only slightly higher if at all after masturbation. This suggests that levels of testosterone respond not just to the physiology of sex, but to contextual aspects such as cultural meanings, feelings, or pheramones. Perhaps even sex is subsumed under competition: intercourse, but not masturbation, scores a win."

Edited by joris

well i guess i'll just have to "play" around with my theory then. haha pun was very intended there. but in all seriousness though, i really do feel that my breakouts after i meet a girl are NOT coincidental. i'll admit that my solution may seem a little strange though. i'll just have to wait and see.

It has nothing to do with your hormones going crazy cause of sexual attraction. When you like a girl you get anxious around her, sometimes even just thinking about her and anxiety can contribute to acne. If you're just looking for an excuse to masturbate this isn't it. Masturbating more than a couple of times a week can alter your hormones and make you produce more DHT. Lowering your sex drive won't stop you from being anxious.