Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michaelangelo

Hard Water the Problem?

I tried the whole shower filter and bottled water method before and remember seeing improvement. After a while a bracket on my shower filter broke (it was made of cheap plastic) and I went back to showering normally. My bottled water supply ran out and since I can remember I haven't been as clear since.

Going to go back to testing this out again after reading this online:

"Soap is supposed to lather when combined with water, as to create a cleaning effect. This cleaning effect does not materialize when hard water is used. Ultimately, the soap (or rather cleanser) which one uses on their acne-prone skin simply converts to soap scum and forms a film on the surface of their skin."

This sounds very familiar when getting out of the shower and often times seeing a sort of white film on some parts of my face when I know I washed it off well enough.

Guess it doesn't matter if your cleanser is non-comedogenic if your using hard water....

I would like to research this some more as well as if drinking hard water vs filtered water has an effect on the body/bacteria.