Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iRyRy

Accutane, and a healthy lifestyle.

I need some insight on my situation to releave this anxiety I am getting. So I had moderate acne for a while. Now that ive cut out gluten it has started to clear. My skin is never oily, nor dry. I haven't gotten any acne in the past 9 days.

A few weeks ago, when my acne was still moderate, I asked my mother to make an apointment for a dermatologist. I just went to it a couple days ago though. And I was still unsure if acne was right for me so I didn't say much, and she prescribe me 40mg/daily of accutane.

I am really undecided. I asked my mom to try and get me 20mg/daily dosage of accutane because my skin has been clearing on it's own recently.

I'm just very anxious. I don't know if I'm makingthe right decision and I need some of you to help me. Not in a specific way. Just post whatever your thinking.

Thanks.

Stay away from accutane. It'll do more harm than good. What's the point? It's clearing on its own. Let your body do things properly.

Accutane and a healthy lifestyle is an oxymoron, avoid it at all costs. I took it for a few years and would have done anything for an alternative. I don't know why you would even consider it if gluten free is working for you.

Accutane and a healthy lifestyle is an oxymoron, avoid it at all costs. I took it for a few years and would have done anything for an alternative. I don't know why you would even consider it if gluten free is working for you.

I remember a long time back you and I tried the Enlux lamps for acne (I used 1st gen, and you used 2ng gen). How did that lamp end up working for you anyways? Did you ever find your "cure"?

As for the OP...The less accutane you can take the better. It might be best to just discuss your preferences with your dermatologist. Ask him/her if you can go on 20mg/day, or even 10mg/day.