Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flowerr

Itchiness when sweating

Hi everyone,

I have very red, extremely sensitive, and acne prone skin.

I love to exercise and one of the reasons being that it's suppose to help with acne and such.. However, whenever I exercise and start to really sweat, I feel soooooooo itchy. It's sooo uncomfortable and its most itchy at my nose area and my forehead.

Most of my acne and redness is at my cheeks and definitely on my forehead.

Does anyone else experience this itchiness?

I'm not sure if it's due to dry skin or whatever, but it's bothering me!

Exercise is suppose to help me, yet this discomfort is just making me not want to exercise... on top of the redness that's even worse when I sweat that makes me look hideous!!

What do I do??!

I get this as well, but only from the neck down. I feel sorry for you, it must be unbearable on the face. :(

I've done a fair amount of research on this and have found that it can be a number of things. Exercise urticaria, your skin's reaction to the fabric of your clothing or the products you're using on your laundry, and dry skin are a few reasons this may be happening. While these things may be the cause of this problem for some, I've seen way too many people with this condition to believe it's something like allergies. Personally, I think it's just a matter of circulation, body temperature, and hydration.

Some things to try:

- Exercise in a warm place. I've noticed that when it's cold out, something as simple as carrying in the groceries can leave me itching like crazy. But, when I exercise in the warmth of my home it's not nearly as bad.

- Drink a lot of water before and during exercise. It's important to keep yourself hydrated.

- Start with a good warm-up before moderate-intense exercise. Gradually increase your body temperature and blood flow.

- Don't give up! I've only recently added cardio to my work out routine. When I first threw it in, I had to stop every 10 minutes to let the itching subside. Now, after about two weeks, I can go 45 minutes with minimal itching. Whatever it is, I think your body gets used to it after enough time.

Edited by King Rat

Awww... thanks..

I'll try doing that... I just feel like it's making my skin worse because its so itchy.

I just don't get why it's so itchy.

Awww... thanks..

I'll try doing that... I just feel like it's making my skin worse because its so itchy.

I just don't get why it's so itchy.

Just a thought maybe u have seborrheic dermatitis or some kind of fungus.

I thought I had read somewhere people get itchy while exercising when they have SD.

Just my opinion I could be wrong

Hi everyone,

I love to exercise and one of the reasons being that it's suppose to help with acne and such.. However, whenever I exercise and start to really sweat, I feel soooooooo itchy. It's sooo uncomfortable and its most itchy at my nose area and my forehead.

Exercise is suppose to help me, yet this discomfort is just making me not want to exercise... on top of the redness that's even worse when I sweat that makes me look hideous!!

What do I do??!

Just came across this post as i seem to be getting a very itchy neck lately which has now turned into a rash ....

Have you ever considered using antihistamines? They should stop you itching :think:

Hi everyone,

What do I do??!

It could be Seb Derm (thrives in warmth, sweat, moisture), or skin sensitivity due to Rosacea (redness, inflammation, sensitivity, acne are common Rosacea symptoms), but it could also just be just ultra skin sensitivity to sweat. My dad gets this irritation from sweat problem, and he doesn't have SD or Rosacea. (Skin problems obviously run in my family!) The only way he manages it is to pour water over his face a couple times while out on a run and showers as soon as he can after he's cooled down. If he doesn't do this he is driven mad by itchiness, especially in his eyebrows.

Shantelle