Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jay326

Overeating

Does anyone know if overeating can make acne worse? I feel like lately I'm constantly eating something even if I'm not hungry, just out of boredom. I look back on my day when I'm in bed and I realize WOW, I've been eating ALL day almost non stop. I'm guessing that isn't great for acne, but is there any scientific reasons behind it?

There was a topic where someone said he got clear by eating a lot (he was on vacation and had to eat everything he got his hands on)...

Guest DireStraits

overeating causes an increase in testosterone which acne sufferers can be sensitive to making their acne worse.

If you feel the need to constantly eat then maybe you should try either Chromium, Cinnamon, Vitamin D or coconut oil which should regulate insulin. I remember when I was on Chromium I felt fuller for longer.

But if you just overeating cause you're bored then thats all in the mind and you'll need to discipline yourself in that regard.

Edited by DireStraits

I dont know any scientific data to back it up, but my skin always suffers if I overeat. You know that feeling when you just ate A LOT, and you almost feel sick to youre stomach? Well if I eat alot, I can feel it in my face. I am not sure what I am feeling, its almost like a tingling on my skin. , If I have any active acne it deffinantly will get more en flamed and look real bad the next day.

Edited by SadinChicago

Starting tomorrow I'm going to follow more of the warrior diet idea. I will just eat once at night (even though it's gonna be super hard) and we'll see what happens. I also just started MSM supplement.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to follow more of the warrior diet idea. I will just eat once at night (even though it's gonna be super hard) and we'll see what happens. I also just started MSM supplement.

I'm doing this as well, with green/fruit smoothies during the day. Started not long ago, less than a week.

jay i have the same, i think ill just eat 1 coockie. And half an hour later is 10 XD My trick is to try not eat any snacks, and not overeat at meals. Just one thing just leads to another thing.