Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darrellbl9

My advice for those who are going to try vitamin supplements

Here's my advice. First of all, my pimples are not that many until I tried vitamin e and vitamin c for my asthma. At the first week of taking vitamin e, there's no problem. Then I noticed that my pimples are getting many and spreading.. That was last year, hmm.. that was January...

My face gets so oily and sweaty because of vitamin e. I heard that when you detoxify the toxins are going to your skin instead in your liver. Your liver becomes congested then pimples will come out. I also tried facial scrub that time and even salt, but it just worsened. Don't eat or drink any food that has cocaine or caffeine.. It will make you breakout..

My pimples before I tried vitamin e and c are not that many.. I think 4 but when I tried e and c, it became 17, I think.... so many, huh..

But that was just last year.. I'm so thankful that they're already gone because I stopped taking vitamin e, c and caffeine.

Did you know that gluthatione can cause pimples for some people?

Vitamin e and c are the same with gluthatione- they're antioxidants.

It's true that acidic foods cause pimples. Like when I eat kiwi, tomorrow when I wake up, the pimples are starting to come out... I really don't know why antioxidants are not good for me.. Antioxidants should be beneficial for me but it gives me pimples instead.

I tried Zinc but it gave me pimples, too.. I heard that zinc can stimulate luteneizing hormones.. I'm not sure of the spelling.. It increases testosterone production that can lead to acne..

And yes milk is not good.. It's supposed to be good for our skin, but it's not.

Edited by darrellbl9

i guess id better stop eating cocaine for breakfast, lol

wait... so are you saying detoxing is a bad thing? and just because gluthatione is an antioxidant it doesnt mean antioxidants are bad for you (theyre actually really good for you)

antioxidants=good

Provided the potential downsides of detoxifying the skin and cleaning out from the ground up, I include zinc with the other supplements I take to make for better management. I think that has been helping a lot.

My current supplement lineup is a muti-vitamin, Zinc, Fish Oil, and Grape Seed Extract. It has been a constant thing for a few weeks now. However my eating habits have changed too, for a month or so I have been off of soda, most sources of high-fructose corn syrup, and on more fruits, grains and veggies.

Supplements and good food need to be taken together. Just let the body piss out what it won't use

For whatever reason, I have found that I am not having to pop the little guys anymore.... they have been going away on their own with careful washing and topical ointments. Perhaps it is a phase, IDK, but my real goal is to prep the skin for an outpatient surgery and reduce chances for inflammation, hyptertrophic scarring, post inflammatory or excess hyperpigmentation, etc. etc.

I would offer anyone to use zinc and fish oil with detoxifying supplements. And remember, skin rebuilds itself in 3 month spans. Patience and consistency is all it takes =)

Actually this may sound silly but perhaps scheduling bowel movements would help in course with taking anti oxidant supplements...? Just a thought.

And yea, caffeine is no good. I quit smoking too.

Antioxidants are good for you, but people with acne, it will increase pimple number's because it is cleaning up some parts of the skin by killing bacteria.

I've tried Green Tea for an entire month which broke me up real bad, but i kept drinking them and eventually got even less acne.

This isn't green tea as in vitamin water or lipton green tea, they're real green tea bags with lots of antoix.

i guess id better stop eating cocaine for breakfast, lol

wait... so are you saying detoxing is a bad thing? and just because gluthatione is an antioxidant it doesnt mean antioxidants are bad for you (theyre actually really good for you)

antioxidants=good

I don't know but it's not good for me.. Even high contents of vitamin c make me breakout.. I really hate vitamin e because it's really the cause why I got so many pimples last year.

Edited by darrellbl9

It's true that acidic foods cause pimples. Like when I eat kiwi, tomorrow when I wake up, the pimples are starting to come out... I really don't know why antioxidants are not good for me.. Antioxidants should be beneficial for me but it gives me pimples instead.

Experiences with everyone differs. Vitamin E made my skin more oily (but didnt break me out), Omega 3 broke me out. Whereas Zinc & vitamin A have been nothing short of a miracle for my skin.

well i prefer just eating better, get enough fruits and vegetables with a good amount of meat and carbs but i do eat junk food but just here and there and very not often. If you happen to take cocaine with your food maybe you should be in rehab.....just saying

Supplements and vitamins have different effects on different people.

I would try each one on your own and decide for yourself. There are certain minerals that we need like magnesium and most likely do not get enough of. Most people probably need to supplement Vitamin D3 as well.

Do not be scared off from supplements. Taken in reasonable doses (by getting levels checked) can improve your quality of life.