Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dn7prh10

Dairy Confirmed! What else is the problem?

So I believe it was last week or 2 fridays ago that I had consumed dairy for three days in a row. On the third day I consumed cheese pizza and it was following that event that I broke out miserably with a combination of cysts and just plain painful inflamed lesions. After those days I never ate dairy again...since then my face is finally improving once more...back to the progress I was expirencing before the dairy incident. I am posting this because I want to know whether or not others expirence the same location of their acne in regards to certain foods they consume. After consuming the dairy I broke out miserably on my chin, in between my eyebrows, and one cyst on each side of my lower cheeks, all were itchy and painful. So obviously my body can't take dairy. Now after knowing this new information, I'm wondering what my current breakouts are trying to tell me with regards to my usual diet. I get small pimples, most with whiteheads on them, painless, mild compare to previous breakouts, above my eyebrows, around my lips, and sometimes on my upper right cheek close to my nose. What do you guys think? I have long wondered if it was the wheat or gluten in my diet that causes these minor breakouts, but have tremendous amount of trouble giving up bread. (100% whole wheat).

I never really knew if dairy effected my acne or not because I never drank much milk or anything but the other day I ate a whole jar of ice cream...and it shows :/ Sucks, lol.

How can you blame cheese after eating the pizza? Chances are the base was 100 times worse. Give up that garbage bread up for a week and see what happens.

As for ice cream, was it full of sugar?

Edited by uncle buck

Yes =P I knew I shouldn't have consumed it right after looking how much sugar was in it, but I've been making dumb choices lately and paying for it.

I'd say cut the gluten for a month and see what happens. You can always have rice bread.

Yes =P I knew I shouldn't have consumed it right after looking how much sugar was in it, but I've been making dumb choices lately and paying for it.

I am as well, I think the breakout caused by these bad choices is just leading me to dig myself into a bigger hole by consuming even more bad foods.

I'd say cut the gluten for a month and see what happens. You can always have rice bread.

I tried that for a few weeks...not a month...and didn't see any results. But that might be my next step. Right now I'm just trying to get back to eliminating bad foods and getting back on to my more stricter healthy diet....from there I will begin cutting out possible culprits like soy and wheat/gluten. I would be afraid that the rice bread is high glycemic? isn't it? I think I have more inflammation or breakouts from high glycemic foods primarily.

Now you need to oust gluten! This means toothpaste, stamps, soy sauce and many other foods that you would not think have gluten in them!

Now you need to oust gluten! This means toothpaste, stamps, soy sauce and many other foods that you would not think have gluten in them!

... toothpaste?? come on now..

The toothpaste seems stupid at first, but I switched to a Fennel toothpaste because it is flouride free and I have stopped breaking out around my mouth completely!

As for other foods, white bread gets me big time. With things like pizza I used to think it was the cheese, although when cheese is cooked I never seem to have a problem, I didn't realise for ages but the problem for me is actually the pizza base. I also can't cope with too much red meat. I've had to cut down on that too. But it has helped so much!

Oh and stop drinking BEER if you do. That is just asking for trouble.

Edited by Thommoth

Well, I'm already using natural toothpastes...one is Tom's of Maine and the other is JASON sea fresh. Both are flouride and SLS free. The weird thing is though that I think I have found a connection with the JASON toothpaste causing the pimples outlining my lips. I have one in the corner of my mouth right now and it is horrible. Thanks for the advice everyone. Although I would love to cut out grains I don't think it will ever be a possibilty...I have a growing toddler to cook meals for all day long and well I'm not going to be making myself one thing and her another...if you know what I mean. But I am willing to try cutting out the gluten. I'm going to try to stick to quinoa, brown rice, buckwheat, and I don't know what else? So is gluten found in the actual whole grain itself...like in wheat berries? As you can tell I don't know much about gluten.

I have been gluten free to the best of my ability for a while. Lately I have been getting seemingly random breakouts. I checked my shampoo's ingredients and it has gluten in it. I wonder if this is the cause. But after limiting my diet so severely I snapped and am now eating a bowl of ice cream. Following the paleo diet isn't that difficult if you have a kitchen. But I live in a dorm and have a meal plan so eating lettuce with olive oil every meal gets pretty god fucking damn annoying. Sorry for this message but I had to vent. I"m raging.

I don't think just quitting gluten is enough. Gluten is just one ingredient in grains like wheat -- you need to stop eating grains in general. What I'm saying is, don't go for gluten-free, go for grain-free. That's what I think anyway. If you clear up from a gluten-free diet, it's probably because you eat a lot less grains and carbs in general. Try the paleo diet, that's what I'm currently doing.