Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zucchini007

Accutane Diary

LMFAO...About the Ipledge questions..I dont remember it asking me about maternity clothes or cupcakes but maybe I missed those..LOL I hope your course goes well and just remember to drink plenty of water and that should keep you from gettin any headaches, I am only on day 12 and I had a headache or two the first 3 days but none since! Good luck

-don't eat baked goods (no idea.. i try not to eat them anyway..)

What? WHAT?! :shock: Isn't it common knowledge that a brownie a day keeps the doctor away? Seriously, I would DIE if I couldn't eat baked goods... they are my life. Cookies are exceptional.

Anyways - outrage aside at your derm for even suggesting such a form of torture - GOOD LUCK with your course! I'll definitely be keeping up with your log.

Oh yes - and please do tell if that aveeno is any good. I haven't exactly used sunscreen in a while. Maybe it's time to start up with that again...

I would love to work out and as a teen I did all the time (mostly in the backseat of cars) but anywho when I was prego with my daughter I went from 97 lb to 162lb at delivery and I thought I was gonna be huge forever but all of the sudden within 3 months I was back to 100 lbs without working out..That was 6 years ago and I have never looked back! even after the second kid 2 years ago..no working out and back to a small size..I lack the motivation to work out because even though I dont I somehow look like I do. Eitherway give the med a few days to kick in and you will feel like you have been hardcore working out..I am so sore I am tricking myself into thinking I worked out! Oh and as for the baked goods thing...maybe its because they have a ton of butter and that can raise your cholesterol or something along those lines. Good Luck

i wish you luck on your course. i started 23 days ago. im on 20mg as well. but i weigh ALOT more than you. my doctor definetely gave me too low of a dose. i didnt realize it until I started reading other peoples post. But anyway...i hope you avoid the IB. Mines has been pretty mild. Your time will go by so fast :D

Goodluck on your accutane journey! I'm starting mine tomorrow (I got my pills today) but am kind of freaking out. Ah, must persevere. I too am taking this time to get my ass in shape, this way I'll have a great body and great skin by summer.

I'm personally going to try to cut out fast food and alcohol, to keep my liver happy and triglycerides low.

PS

I'd definitely sacrifice a sheep or something if i knew the gods would give me ZERO side effects. :)

ARUGH - I HATE those life is good shirts too. I say one today and started getting angry like the Hulk. What if you were just diagnosed with terminal cancer and the doctor that gave you the news was wearing THAT shirt?

As for the pessimism - I too see the glass half-empty (or whatever term that is.) In fact, I think I thrive on it at times and when you always expect the worse, you're never taken a back if the worst thing does happen.

Hey, if you get bored having to exercise, one thing I found that really works is to listen to a song that goes in time to what you're doing (running, let's say). It makes it extremely less boring and that's big for me, since I have the attention span of a flea.

Pft - please, who wants to read about positive things anyways?

I totally know how you feel about having "no control" over acne. It's impossibly irritating not to be able to do anything about the never-ending cycle of bumps erupting on your skin. There were many a nights where I would cry myself to sleep out of frustration because nothing I did would stop zits from emerging. But, that's why we're on accutane, right? So we can CONTROL it and stop it from controlling us. It's terrible to keep putting off stuff just because obsessing over acne prevails.

As for you mom, well, try not to let her get to you. It's hard for people who don't have acne (or any ailment, really) to understand how someone who does feels. I'm living with the worst excuse for a human being right now (I swear that a turd would do a better job of acting human than him) so never having any form of support sucks. But I guess that's why acne.org is here for us, right? So we can bitch and rant and actually have people listen to us instead of just going "uh-huh."

Totally cliche saying, but "it's always darkest right before the dawn" and I think it's quite fitting for people on accutane. Five months of terrible skin and then you're beautiful, right?

I started around the same time as you, so in 5 or so months it will all be over. You are taking control of your acne! I feel empowered on accutane. As for your mom, people without acne just don't understand. Don't let her get to you. Have some ice cream, it makes everything better :). Hang in there!

You crack me up with every post!

I know what it's like when nobody understands what you'r going through, walking around with their flawless skin, telling you "it's not that bad", "you'll grow out of it", "stop complaining, it's just acne". They should invent something that gives those people severe acne for a week, so that they could experience what it's like!

Good luck on your course, I hope you'll have clear skin soon =)