Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
.JacktheLad.

shaving / anyone else here hate it?

i hate shaving. grrr..

basically after shaving i look 12x worse and i hate it. id love to shave my face and see normal skin, not patches of darkness and discolouration, spots etc.

im just getting tiered of it all. id be half alright if i didnt get 2 cysts come up on my left cheek at once.

least they are not getting bigger. suppose they take time to go ? or will they always stay now?

is it worth going on anti biotics for mild cases? since i am a crazy skin picker it might be in my favour? however im scared of turning a mild case into something much worse

so i feel i am stuck on a catch 22.

please if anyone can help, im listening

i hate shaving. grrr..

basically after shaving i look 12x worse and i hate it. id love to shave my face and see normal skin, not patches of darkness and discolouration, spots etc.

im just getting tiered of it all. id be half alright if i didnt get 2 cysts come up on my left cheek at once.

least they are not getting bigger. suppose they take time to go ? or will they always stay now?

is it worth going on anti biotics for mild cases? since i am a crazy skin picker it might be in my favour? however im scared of turning a mild case into something much worse

so i feel i am stuck on a catch 22.

please if anyone can help, im listening

I have a small asian goatee, that some how makes me look better in terms of distracting people from my mark. But when I do shave it, its hell man.... Its a fucking volcano in my face.

yea try to shave as little as possible because my "goatee" helps cover up some of my scars and acne. but i still cant grow a full facial hair so i have to keep my "goatee" short cause i just look like a scrub haha

I'm in the same boat. I wouldn't mind so much if I had "regular" skin, but with acne I have to watch for pimples here and there. I hope that some day soon I can take a razor to my face and shave like a real man.

Do you guys use electric or manual?

I switched to an electric and found it to be not near as irritating. I will never go back!

I'm on the same boat with this dude. Electric shaver works a lot better. But don't keep going over the same area, ya know.

The kind I got is the like single bar one as opposed to the shaver with the three indivdual circle like shavers, ya know?

Also, a little chin hair is a distraction. lol

well ive got full facial hair, right the way up my cheeks etc so thats not a problem.

last friday i shaved with an electrical one for the first time. i didnt use any form of shaving gel cream etc and my face blew up.

ingrown hairs, white heads, plugged pores. arghghghghhhhhhhhh wanted to shoot myself.

so now i dont know whats better razor or electric.

i have a philips shaver with the 3 heads/ cost a bomb. also it comes with this gel that pumps through the heads, maybe i should have used that lol

Try shaving after a hot shower. The heat and steam soften the hairs on your face.

Thats usually when I shave and its a big difference from shaving before a shower or just randomly shaving.

There's also some type of otion or cream you can put on before shaving to like soften the hairs and make em all stand up or someting. Nevr used that though.

You know what you coud do, bro, is just grow your beard out like ZZ Top and become a biker.

Try shaving after a hot shower. The heat and steam soften the hairs on your face.

Thats usually when I shave and its a big difference from shaving before a shower or just randomly shaving.

There's also some type of otion or cream you can put on before shaving to like soften the hairs and make em all stand up or someting. Nevr used that though.

You know what you coud do, bro, is just grow your beard out like ZZ Top and become a biker.

lol yeah i get ya. im going to buy some clinque m shave gel aloe lotion, looks like it will do the trick :)

the problem is, if i dont shave it becomes a problem it some how promotes new spots to crop up. i have to try and keep a happy medium which is impossible lol

Edited by want2beme

Actually, i look a lot better when i shave since i don't have any hyper-pigmentation anywhere near there.

The only thing i hate is, sometimes saving can irritate skin, even when i use a gentle foam gel or plain jojoba oil.

if you have any pre shave gel's that do not cause pimples or irritation, let me know ;D

Actually, i look a lot better when i shave since i don't have any hyper-pigmentation anywhere near there.

The only thing i hate is, sometimes saving can irritate skin, even when i use a gentle foam gel or plain jojoba oil.

if you have any pre shave gel's that do not cause pimples or irritation, let me know ;D

yeah clinique pre scrub. used it today and its awesome.

I would recommend using a two-bladed razor for less irritation.

Also, Dan (the creator of this site) has shaving tips in the FAQ section.

Adrean