Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
the_TRUTH

bp and post hyperpigmentation

I have two questions guys.. For the most part i have controlled my acne throughout the past month with applying bp.. as well as following my regimen.. it consists of washing my face twice a day and applying bp and aloe vera after each wash... However, a lot of my acne has seemed to dissipate into post hyper pigmentation and has left a lot of dark marks all over my face... I heard that BP slows down the healing process and ages your skin quicker... I was wondering if I should stop applying bp all over my face since it may slow down that process.. And only applying it to certain areas.. I was thinking just stick to the aloe vera and mixing it with jojoba oil..

Second question.. I popped a cystic pimple a month or so ago and it has turned into a huge dark spot and i believe that it is infected underneath... Are there any over the counter antibiotics that I can purchase for the time being until i go to see my dermatologist.. Insurance is a bitch once you gradute :wall: .... Please help.. Thanks!

I think a lot of people on here have testified to a positive correlation between BP and PIH....Me including. I think though, if you exfoliate regularly you can be successful at fading PIH. I wish I could stop using BP because it does tend to prolong red marks, but unfortunately its the only way I can prevent acne from forming in the first place....this is the best solution to PIH......it just takes time....

I think a lot of people on here have testified to a positive correlation between BP and PIH....Me including. I think though, if you exfoliate regularly you can be successful at fading PIH. I wish I could stop using BP because it does tend to prolong red marks, but unfortunately its the only way I can prevent acne from forming in the first place....this is the best solution to PIH......it just takes time....

well.. i have tried to start using BP as a spot treatment... since a lot of the marks are Post hyperpigmentation.. im going to try this out for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes and if my skin can keep breakouts on the hold for the time being.. in the mean time im going to stick with my vitmains and minerals and tons of roobois tea.. see how it goes.. ill let you guys know... i just need these dark marks to fade..

whats a good way to exfoliate???