Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if you are suicidal over your skin.. odds are you have some mental health problems you need to take care of, now i know how acne can make you feel, but if you can't stop yourself from feeling this way, maybe you need some therapy instead of this board. you're all just posting away and ranting about how people are being mean, do you think about helping yourself, rather than your skin? or are you still gonna work at that? odds are you won't get your skin completely under control any time soon, why not start working on the inside?

I see what you're saying, but I have to disagree.

I've posted along these lines before - and I'm not suicidal about my acne - but I am depressed and that's solely down to acne. I like my life without it. With it, it makes me seriously unhappy. Simple, really.

yeah but there are some people here (won't name names) who are really freaking out, it can't be healthy. like acne is taking over their life? that's who i was directing the post to, sorry for not being clear, you definitely have a healthy attitude

and the next post, about the last line, don't they know some people with acne might have it forever?

you know.. ive been to a few psychiatrists about my acne and other issues.. and they wont even give me eds.. because they say what we are going through is called 'situational depression' which basically means that once we make it through this.. we should revert back to our old selves.. we DONT have mental problems.. we are just in a tough situation.. so thats a PSYCHIATRISTS point of view

you know.. ive been to a few psychiatrists about my acne and other issues.. and they wont even give me eds.. because they say what we are going through is called 'situational depression' which basically means that once we make it through this.. we should revert back to our old selves.. we DONT have mental problems.. we are just in a tough situation.. so thats a PSYCHIATRISTS point of view

You were talking about me obviously and its ok with me. Personally I was never suicidial or ever severely depressed until my acne became super super bad. When my acne is gone I believe that I will go back to being like I used to be and enjoying life.

Personally I was never suicidial or ever severely depressed until my acne became super super bad. When my acne is gone I believe that I will go back to being like I used to be and enjoying life.

Dito

Missionaryman101 - so you're telling me to discount what my counsellor has told me?

Skin isn't the tip of the iceberg, it's the only reason why I'm depressed. :wall:

Indeed. tongue.gif

Happy 1000th - that's quite some going! biggrin.gif Wouldn't say you're a loser though..

Happy 1000th Elsa! You and Doopie should have a post whore party, can I come? :dance:

Edit: where are you going? Don't go...

Guest Tracy
ok

well.  i just want to say i think i am done here.  i have learned a lot from this site and i will remember some people that i hold dear to my heart.  etd, aksjdf and tracee i love you guys find me on IM. 

all the cencorship here and not being cosiderate of eachothers feelings really is too much to deal with.

love you three*

wub.gif

please refer to my avatar sig.

No now this place is majority idiots and a small percentage of caring hurting individuals who come here for support and to offer help. I hate you knew people who are the exact opposite of what I just said. If you don't need help or support don't come here. I'm also done with this crap. Go ahead move this fucking thread like you moved the other one because I am just telling the truth like it fucking is.

What Im saying is if its causing you MAJOR depression, or causing a lot of suffering in your life etc... then you have other problems.

Uhh i was never depressed or hate life untill i got these scars so dont know what u talking about

What Im saying is if its causing you MAJOR depression, or causing a lot of suffering in your life etc... then you have other problems.

No. You do not know what the HELL you are talking about. YOU obviously never had to go out looking like a freak, looking like you're wearing an ugly mask with cysts and whiteheads and blood and pus all over your face. (Luckily there is some way of controling it that works pretty good, and the first step is to stop listening to all those stupid derms and doctors.)

But acne is defuinetely one of the worst diseases EVER. I would gladly trade mine for anybody's cancer, diabetes or AIDS without hesitating for even one second.

Obviously anyone with skin problems, it will affect them... but some people can not let it get to them as much.

lol.gif Why leave because of what a few people say on the net? If it bothers you, PM Dan - this board must have some sort of ignore function he can activate for you. Ubah would have loved this.

And Nico, don't be silly - when you're bent double with constant and neverending physical pain because of your bowel cancer, I take it you'll be wanting your acne back?

I agree that acne is not the worst thing by far that can happen to any of us. It just seems super hard sometimes, well most of the time because the deformity you have always seems worse than others. I know I can beat acne, but the hard part is accepting that its a hard ass time. I haven't accepted that yet, and I need to.