Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brandolynn

I need a good flat iron.

I have fine shoulder length hair and for the style I wear it looks better if I flat iron a bit. My hair isn't the slightest bit curly at all, but in the humidity can get a bit wavy and puffy looking. I have a cheap flat iron I bought at Walmart years ago but am not really happy with it.

Do any of you ladies have any recommendations? I've looked at the instyler and it gets mixed reviews plus it's very pricey. I'd like something that isn't going to be harsh on my hair and not cost an arm and a leg.

I have fine shoulder length hair and for the style I wear it looks better if I flat iron a bit. My hair isn't the slightest bit curly at all, but in the humidity can get a bit wavy and puffy looking. I have a cheap flat iron I bought at Walmart years ago but am not really happy with it.

Do any of you ladies have any recommendations? I've looked at the instyler and it gets mixed reviews plus it's very pricey. I'd like something that isn't going to be harsh on my hair and not cost an arm and a leg.

I have the exact same hair and hair problems as you. Very fine hair that tends to puff and frizz in the humidity.

This is similar to the flat iron I have:

http://www.conair.com/power-pink-ceramic-s...ener-p-680.html

Conair doesn't seem to make the exact model I have anymore (I got it about 3 years ago), but this has all the same features. Mine is silver with black plates, however.

Once my hair is dry, I just hang my head upside down and run this through very quickly to smooth it out. If I want to, I can style my hair really nicely with it as well.

For our kind of hair, something like this works well. It wouldn't cut it for someone with thick or very curly hair, however.

I specifically like the comb on this model because sometimes I don't feel like brushing my hair, heh.

^ Mine's the same as that, black & yellow plates though. I like it, but it's a bit big sometimes.

Conair is nice, my sister has a thinner one and I like it a lot.

Thanks ladies! That one is out of stock right now. I'm going to see if I can find it or something similar locally. I think the larger iron is what I need. I currently have the thin one, probably an inch.

I have a Chi and I love it! Before I use it I'm sure to put some sort of thermal protector in my hair so I don't burn it. My hair stays nice and straight all day. Plus, the Chi makes it shiny and silky feeling! :) I personally like the thinner ones better. I think mine is about an inch wide. I had one several years ago that was about three inches wide, and it didn't work nearly as well as the one I have now.

I have a Chi and I love it! Before I use it I'm sure to put some sort of thermal protector in my hair so I don't burn it. My hair stays nice and straight all day. Plus, the Chi makes it shiny and silky feeling! :) I personally like the thinner ones better. I think mine is about an inch wide. I had one several years ago that was about three inches wide, and it didn't work nearly as well as the one I have now.

Yup. Go with the Chi, it's supposed to be less damaging. It's expensive, but worth it.

i have a rusk ctc tourmaline iron. i love it! it got it for 40 bucks at tj maxx.

My friend recommended me Andis Ceramic Flat Iron from Wal Mart and it works really well.

Best thing, its really cheap!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Andis-1-1-2-Cera...t-Iron/10262914

You can get the bigger one for $20.

I really enjoy it and have been using it for years. Heats up fast and doesn't burn my hair or make it frizzy.

PS im saving up for a CHI, my hair stylist uses it when she cuts my hair and it works wonders. Worth the money.

Edited by LeslieTM