Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aris786

My accutane log.....

This is my accutane log so that i can keepmy progress report of mu accutane journey.. 2day is my 1st day..(i would like to receive advises and wishes)

i always had oily skin since i was 12 and i used to get one or two zits here and there but before 1.5 years i broke out crazily. from that time i also started breaking out on my back, chest, and upper arms.i used everything but nothing worked, finally yesterday my dermatologist prescribed me this accutane (Isotretion).....

oral : Supradyn multi vitamin

Topical : Clindamycin & Nicotinamide Gel

1st day:

Face : 2-3 zits, i think 1 cyst is forming on the upper bone of my left chick over all face is not very bad..

Back : many pain full acne...

Edited by Aris786

Best of luck on your course! What dosage are you on? And you should probably switch the Clindamycin out for a good moisturiser.

Thanx..... i am on 20mg/day for the 1st 3 weeks, after that i will be on 40mg/day....

Good luck- what does did you say you were taking?

we are starting about the same time, so good luck.

good luck 2 you... i am taking multivitamin tablets and

Day 2 : The cyst which was forming around my chin area disappeared overnight. and i m very happy because usually cyst like my chins so much that they last for atleast 5-6 days

My back is still not very good...

Lips are feeling littel dry now but i can handle it. for clear skin like before, it's nothing....

Day 3 :

Face : 1 cyst and 1 zit and some old scars.... not very bad

Back : Very bad.....

Side effects : dry lips and mouth..... nothing else. I have little cold from yesterday night but i don't know if it is because of accutane or not...

Congrats on starting! Good luck with eveything!

Day 4 : Face is very fresh no new break out... and old spots are healing very fast

Back is getting worse may be it's initial breakout....

Side effects : NONE, surprisingly my lips are not dry anymore...

day 6 :

Face is clear just 1 zit on face, last week's cyst has healed completely (WITHOUT LEAVING ANY SCARS!!!!)

Finally cyst on my back are drying no more active....

Hi Good luck on your journey! I started accutane the week before you! My face is a mess right now, due to the initial break out stage....Im just so anxious to see improvement! I have NO side effects though (so far)....I dont even have chapped lips yet...........I'll keep looking at your journey to see how your doing! Best of luck AGAIN!

ok so i was busy in my college work for some days so couldn't update my log from a while....

Day 12 : Face 2 dried zits, 2 cyst, lot of radness

Back dried acne all over my back, and at some places my skin is peeling.....

Aris-

Dont get depressed! Look at it this way, if you are battling an IB...at least you know that the 'tane is working!! Keep smiling-clear skin awaits :dance:

Yea, That's true. Tane is working.... Soon i will be acne free....:)