Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aris786

Starting Accutane....Fingers crossed..

Ok so after battling vid dis moderately sever acne frm past 1.5 years, finally my dermatologist prescribed me accutane dosage of 20mg/day..... nd 2day morning i took d 1st pill of it....

Nw i hv sum Q.

1. i hv read some of it's side effects like dry lips-eyes, flakiness etc. so i wanted to knw frm when i vil face dis things? vil it b immediate or aftr some days? (I m already feeling minor headache..)

2. do everybody face initial breakout who has been on this treatment? nd if yes cn i do sumthing 2 prevent it?

3. is 20mg/day is enough? my doc has prescribed 20mg/day 4 d 1st 3 weeks...... den he'll increase it i think so....

(sorry for bad engish)

thnx in advance

Ok so after battling vid dis moderately sever acne frm past 1.5 years, finally my dermatologist prescribed me accutane dosage of 20mg/day..... nd 2day morning i took d 1st pill of it....

Nw i hv sum Q.

1. i hv read some of it's side effects like dry lips-eyes, flakiness etc. so i wanted to knw frm when i vil face dis things? vil it b immediate or aftr some days? (I m already feeling minor headache..)

2. do everybody face initial breakout who has been on this treatment? nd if yes cn i do sumthing 2 prevent it?

3. is 20mg/day is enough? my doc has prescribed 20mg/day 4 d 1st 3 weeks...... den he'll increase it i think so....

(sorry for bad engish)

thnx in advance

I'm just starting accutane today. From what I've read on the boards and been told by my dermatologist, it seems that people get the initial breakout from day 5 - 2 months, depending on the dose they're taking. You really shouldn't use anything to stop the initial breakout. Things like benzol peroxide can irritate the skin while on accutane. I've heard that people put vitamin E (break the capsule) and put it on the breakout, or break an aspirin tablet, add a drop of water, and put it on the break out. You really shouldn't use other prescriptions during accutane. You can get a cyst injected with cortison by your derm if they let you.

As for dosage, you want to fall between 120-150 mg/kg during your whole course. If you weigh 70kg, you want at least 8400 mg during your WHOLE course of accutane. If you fall between 120-150 mg/kg, then you have a 95% cure rate.

Edited by fashionjunkie231

Hi I started Accutane 3 wks ago although my acne isnt bad at all it scars my face with dark spots. The first few days were the worst I had headaches,dry eyes andnose, feeling sick and tired, tummy ache, muscle and joint aches etc.... Three wks on I have dry lips, just starting to dry out on the nose and around my eyes, my hair had gone soooo sooo dry and I have dandruff (not nice.

I have had ony a few spots mainly on my back though.... the most annoying thing is my skin is really itching lots and i cant remove any hair from my body so again not attractive...

Nw i hv sum Q.

(sorry for bad engish)

thnx in advance