Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ctrl-alt-del

I don't care what ANY of you say, but...

MASTURBATION, amongst a multitude of other things - is DIRECTLY linked to acne and breakouts.

Tried and tested on myself... PLENTY of times. :D Basically, I will go for at least 12 days without masturbating to get my face to fully clear up, and then depending if I break it after 12 days (or withhold it all the way up to three months at times) - I will masturbate, and the following day I will break out in spontaneous acne all over my face and neck areas. I will normally get a random zit on my neck, and then maybe a few small ones on my nose, and then maybe a few close to my mouth - and all those following RIGHT after a masturbation session with a happy ending.

I normally test my theory plenty of times for myself, and will not masturbate for at least 12 days again (12 days work for me... I don't know about you guys) - and my face will become COMPLETELY CLEAR again! It is at that point when I may decide to masturbate again... only to be once again proven by facts of nature and the activity that masturbation breaks me out (and possibly most of us), because I'll get zits right on next day again.

Hormonal fluctuations must be a very likely cause of this, but I'm sure it's not that easy to determine all the causes.

Edited by ctrl-alt-del

You just have to set personal standards and follow through with them. You can challenge yourself and create a personal "No Masturbation Challenge for X Days" and follow through with it like your life depends on it.

Like I said in my initial post, amongst many things - masturbation triggers a set of hormonal reactions (and probably other reactions inside the body), so there are chances that it may disrupt hormonal flow and affect the appearance of your skin. As databased pointed out, zinc loss happens during masturbation (assuming you orgasm), and all that precious zinc leaving your body will make your skin suffer. Zinc is one of the many vital nutrients (well, mineral to be exact) that is needed to maintain the integrity of the skin and help it repair itself, and losing it when we may already most likely be deficient in it is not such a wise idea in my opinion.

It's been over a week since I've last masturbated and my face is still recovering from the spontaneous zits that popped out right after that last masturbation session. I estimate that in another week's time my face will be flawless again.

Keep in mind that I lead a healthy lifestyle otherwise, follow a balanced diet with the exclusion of all dairy products, as well as focus on stress reduction and exercise.

Edited by ctrl-alt-del

Man, don't listen to what anyone on here and any mainstream scientist (i.e. dermatologists) tell you. The only things, other than accutane, that have worked for me are things that are not currently accepted. I'm a molecular biologist studying at Hopkins, and I've come to realize that mainstream science, for the most part, doesn't know what the fuq they're talking about. Things that I"ve KNOW work (because I've experimented with them time and time again) are not masturbating, not eating so, and taking in only 30g of carbs or less per day. I'm clear cuz of this stuff that I found out myself, not because I consulted a dermatologist.

Haha I'm in bed right now and I was just gonna rub one out before sleep but I thought of my current breakout and one thing I noticed was I started masturbating more. So I logged onto here and see if there any recent wonder cures to try.

This was the last thread I was gonna click before I closed it and went onto "business", lol.

You may be onto something, I'ma skip it and try this, as I start school in 6 days and I don't wanna show up looking haggard.

Also, I think eating less is another factor I myself would personally notice. When I am eating lots I usually get more breakouts.

I'm female and have never noticed a correlation to masturbation and acne. I have oily skin. Although since my medications for other problems keeps my libido in check, too much actually, i only masturbate like twice a year. But I've never seen a breakout after masturbating. I have acne all the time (I'm 26), and was just put on clindamyacin gel and retin-a micro. So since today is the second day, I hope to see an improvement soon. Doc did say it could take a few months... :(

But yeah, if anything it may be a hormonal reaction, but I highly doubt it.

MASTURBATION, amongst a multitude of other things - is DIRECTLY linked to acne and breakouts.

Tried and tested on myself... PLENTY of times. :D Basically, I will go for at least 12 days without masturbating to get my face to fully clear up, and then depending if I break it after 12 days (or withhold it all the way up to three months at times) - I will masturbate, and the following day I will break out in spontaneous acne all over my face and neck areas. I will normally get a random zit on my neck, and then maybe a few small ones on my nose, and then maybe a few close to my mouth - and all those following RIGHT after a masturbation session with a happy ending.

I normally test my theory plenty of times for myself, and will not masturbate for at least 12 days again (12 days work for me... I don't know about you guys) - and my face will become COMPLETELY CLEAR again! It is at that point when I may decide to masturbate again... only to be once again proven by facts of nature and the activity that masturbation breaks me out (and possibly most of us), because I'll get zits right on next day again.

Hormonal fluctuations must be a very likely cause of this, but I'm sure it's not that easy to determine all the causes.

i am going to try this because i feel like there is a connection im going to try 30days without masturbation