Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Italiana bby

My scar pics HELP!

I can't really help regarding scars because I have them too - mainly on my cheeks and temples too. I am actually seeing a dermatologist right now who will start a combination therapy on me in the fall. I also have some active acne so I'm going to try to get rid of that by taking meds, which I can't start till I wean my son from breastfeeding this spring. But my doc is going to do a mixture of subcision, TCA (spot treatments I believe he said), spot needling, and non-ablative lasers. He said it will take about 7 visits. Of course he can not guarentee me 100% improvement - I'm really only looking for a 50% improvement which he is optimistic about so I am trying to be as well. I did not want to do just a laser treatment - I don't have the time to go thru the downtime process of fraxel repair. I have 3 very busy kids on the go, so that is not suitable to my everyday life. I wanted someone who could help me with a number of treatments that, when put together, might give me the best results that my skin will allow. Maybe you could look into something like that to help.

However, what makeup do you use? It covers up your red spots really well. I might be interested in switching to whatever you use. Right now I'm trying to calm down my red spots with aloe vera, Aveeno's ultra-calming moisturizer (which after 9 days of using day & night it is making a difference) and I started using Retin-A micro again. I use it every 2 days though because my skin is so sensitive and esp in these winter months it dries me out horribly!!! It will still dry me out even using it every 2 days, but I don't think I can handle every night or even every other night right now with the dry air.

I can't really help regarding scars because I have them too - mainly on my cheeks and temples too. I am actually seeing a dermatologist right now who will start a combination therapy on me in the fall. I also have some active acne so I'm going to try to get rid of that by taking meds, which I can't start till I wean my son from breastfeeding this spring. But my doc is going to do a mixture of subcision, TCA (spot treatments I believe he said), spot needling, and non-ablative lasers. He said it will take about 7 visits. Of course he can not guarentee me 100% improvement - I'm really only looking for a 50% improvement which he is optimistic about so I am trying to be as well. I did not want to do just a laser treatment - I don't have the time to go thru the downtime process of fraxel repair. I have 3 very busy kids on the go, so that is not suitable to my everyday life. I wanted someone who could help me with a number of treatments that, when put together, might give me the best results that my skin will allow. Maybe you could look into something like that to help.

However, what makeup do you use? It covers up your red spots really well. I might be interested in switching to whatever you use. Right now I'm trying to calm down my red spots with aloe vera, Aveeno's ultra-calming moisturizer (which after 9 days of using day & night it is making a difference) and I started using Retin-A micro again. I use it every 2 days though because my skin is so sensitive and esp in these winter months it dries me out horribly!!! It will still dry me out even using it every 2 days, but I don't think I can handle every night or even every other night right now with the dry air.

Thanks for the advice:)

Haha I know it works pretty well.

I use:

-Maybelline mineral power concealer

-Maybelline 24 hour liquid colorstay foundation

-Loreal "bare naturale" mineral foundation

All combined:)

Although you have quite a few scars, they don't look too deep. That's good.

Some of the redness will go away on it's own and that will help your skin look better.

As for the indentations, there are procedures that will help. I'm not up to date on the latest treatments but research ablative (such as the brand Fraxel Repair) and nonablative lasers (such as the brand Fraxel Restore) treatments. Ablative lasers are more powerful, more effective, have greater risks of side effects, require more downtime, and are more expensive.

Dermarolling may help too.

Ask around for good dermatologists in your area. Be careful, derms are salesman as much as they are doctors.

As long as you don't expect perfect porcelain skin, I think you can get pretty good results with the treatments that currently exist.

Good luck.

Firstly I just wanted to say boy! your gorgeous! :)

I finished accutane nearly 4 mths ago now and almost looked exactly like you. in the last month or so the redness in my skin has dramatically faded. Now the only residual redness I have in my face is in the deeper indented scars. However, from what I can see in your photos it looks as if you only have a couple of minor indented scars that will probably only show in harsh lighting once the redness fades.

AND do keep in mind that you skin is STILL healing. You can expect nothing but improvement from here on out. And rejoice, you are young so your skin has a fighting chance of healing itself. With time and perhaps a retinoid if you choose your skin will dramatically improve. I know because I have been through it. Iam now considering invasive treatment for my residual scarring after I hit the 6 mth post tane mark with my plastic surgeon. HOWEVER my regular derm has told me that I should hold off for a while because he believes I will continue to see improvement in my indented scars with time...

So basically you will definitely see improvements and will continue too. Good luck, your beautiful! x

*Pics are sharpened to define texture:)

My scarred face without make-up...

post-107152-1266555403_thumb.png

post-107152-1266555379_thumb.png

My scarred face with make-up...

post-107152-1266555439_thumb.png

How can I solve my nasty scar problem?

Hey you look just like me... Tell me, how is it now?

I also have red marks and redness inside some "holes" on my face...

Do you think those red holes will lift up?

Hugs! Keep fighting!

I finished accutane nearly 4 mths ago now and almost looked exactly like you. in the last month or so the redness in my skin has dramatically faded. Now the only residual redness I have in my face is in the deeper indented scars. However, from what I can see in your photos it looks as if you only have a couple of minor indented scars that will probably only show in harsh lighting once the redness fades.

AND do keep in mind that you skin is STILL healing. You can expect nothing but improvement from here on out. And rejoice, you are young so your skin has a fighting chance of healing itself. With time and perhaps a retinoid if you choose your skin will dramatically improve. I know because I have been through it. Iam now considering invasive treatment for my residual scarring after I hit the 6 mth post tane mark with my plastic surgeon. HOWEVER my regular derm has told me that I should hold off for a while because he believes I will continue to see improvement in my indented scars with time...

So basically you will definitely see improvements and will continue too. Good luck, your beautiful! x

Hey I've read your post and I can't tell you how many hope you gave me!

I also have red marks but my red marks are inside of what i call "face holes" because its really like a hole.

No one in my family have scarring!

My brother had acne too but he didnt get any scarring..

At least, the genetics are on my side I guess...

Hope those holes desapear, I even cried because of that... Damn...

;) Good luck

You might want to try AHA, I used to apply it every night and got rid of a lot of red scars. But with or without scars, you are cute. Good luck ;)

Hey I've read your post and I can't tell you how many hope you gave me!

I also have red marks but my red marks are inside of what i call "face holes" because its really like a hole.

No one in my family have scarring!

My brother had acne too but he didnt get any scarring..

At least, the genetics are on my side I guess...

Hope those holes desapear, I even cried because of that... Damn...

;) Good luck

Aww your welcome! I'm glad to hear that I inspire you lol At least theres someone out there who knows how I feel! I cry too... haha

You might want to try AHA, I used to apply it every night and got rid of a lot of red scars. But with or without scars, you are cute. Good luck ;)

I'll try some AHA... hopefully it'll work. I've tried scar cream & it did absolutly NOTHING lol Thank you so much(:

Yeah maybe my skin is still healing. All those treatements are so expensive though. & I've seen hem go wrong on google images...its scary lol But thanks for your advice & compliment:)

I skimmed your account and saw that you're thinking of chemical peels. Since you stopped Accutane recently, you can't do anything harsh to skin for about 6 months - 1 year, which luckily, is enough time to naturally fade the red marks. After that much time as passed, chemical peels might be good for you.

It looks to me as if you have more red marks than scars. Those red marks will fade with time and avoidance of sun exposure. If you want to go in the sun do wear SPF.

I have had nice softening of my scarring with the use of Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel used every other day (when I first started using it); this is a glycolic acid product so will help with red marks as well. As it is exfoliative, it may help soften up smaller indented scars; you have a few of those but they're barely visible! You're very pretty, so smile and remember that!

I also can highly recommend the use of a topical retinoid in helping with scarring. It's also an excellent maintenance post-Accutane.

You won't need to use the glycolic acid product for a while until your skin is more ready to tolerate exfoliation post-Accutane. The retinoid (from a doctor) would be fine to commence with in the immediate post-Accutane time.

It looks to me as if you have more red marks than scars. Those red marks will fade with time and avoidance of sun exposure. If you want to go in the sun do wear SPF.

I have had nice softening of my scarring with the use of Avon Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel used every other day (when I first started using it); this is a glycolic acid product so will help with red marks as well. As it is exfoliative, it may help soften up smaller indented scars; you have a few of those but they're barely visible! You're very pretty, so smile and remember that!

I also can highly recommend the use of a topical retinoid in helping with scarring. It's also an excellent maintenance post-Accutane.

You won't need to use the glycolic acid product for a while until your skin is more ready to tolerate exfoliation post-Accutane. The retinoid (from a doctor) would be fine to commence with in the immediate post-Accutane time.

Thank you; your advice really helped. I'm going to ask my derm about my scarring & hopefully he will prescribe something useful :)

They really dont make a difference.

But I know how you feel.

I presume you have dismissed laser treatment??

If so a couple of home treatments that helped me were lemon juice topically.

Drinking lemon juice.

Aloe vera juice topically.

And don't forget your smile will take away from the scars :D