Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cdizzle

Cystic acne and medications

Hey all,

howr you guys doin?

First off I'm new on here and I hope this is a suitable place to make this post.

So my problem at the moment is with cystic acne (I think from the types of acne shown on here in pics). I wouldn't say it's very bad at the moment but I'm tryna get rid of it once and for all. I mainly get these lumps on the sides of my neck under my jawline, along my jawline and more recently they seem to be making their way behind my ears :doh: which is quite painful when taking off my sweater.

Just to provide you with some info on me. I'm a 21 yr old male and I smoke roughly 12 - 16 cigs/day. (I would like to giv up but under alot of stress at the mo with college so it aint happenin!!) I would say I eat pretty healthily. I shower daily as well as washing my face in the evening. So my hygiene and diet are quite good i reckon.

So to the meds part. I started taking Minosil tablets like 2 mnths ago, as well as applying Duac gel before I go to bed at night. The doc initially started me on taking 2 mino tabs/day for the first month to "hit em hard" and after that said to take 1/day for the next 2 months. I'm in roughly week 6 of this course and to be honest I'm not really getting any results from the meds.

I'm gona finish the course but I'm wondering if its a waste of time, maybe go Roaccutane?

I'm also thinkin that maybe my smoking isn't helping my cause, what do you guys reckon?

I'm thinkin I'm going to try out a combination of the face washing procedures described in the following posts and see how it goes.

omg etc

Epsom salts and tea tree

So yeah, thanks for taking the time to read my post and if you have any advice or suggestions I'd really appreciate it. Sick to the teeth of these lumps on my neck!