Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdoodm1000

Can you recommend a cleanser for me?

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if any of you could recommend a good gentle cleanser for me. I'm a 17 year old male with very sensitive skin. I suffer from acne as well as seborrheic dermatitis. Everyone seems to recommend Cetaphil or CeraVe, but the problem is that I'm very sensitive to cetyl alcohol. Everything that I've used that contains this ingredient has caused my eyes to burn so bad, even if I didn't use the product near my eyes. I'm also sensitive to a lot of other ingredients. If anyone knows of a cleanser that doesn't contain any of the following ingredients, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

petrolatum

sodium lauryl sulfate

sodium laureth sulfate

cetyl alcohol

parabens

-I also ask that the cleanser be fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, and oil-free

Thank you!

id recommend dove soap uscencted sensative skin.... Its a really good cleanser. Cleanses off completly and doesnt leave any residue on you face like alot of cleanser out their on the market

I've actually tried the Dove sensitive skin unscented beauty bar, and it seemed to worsen my seborrheic dermatitis and acne. At the moment, I'm using Dove cream oil ultra rich velvet beauty bar. It doesn't seem to irritate my problems as much, but I definitely feel like I could be using something better.

I just ordered a cleanser with these ingredients:

Purified water, glycerin, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, sodium lauroyl ethylenediaminetriacetate, sodium myristoyl sarcosinate,isostearamidopropyl, morpholine lactate, PEG-120 methyl glucose dioleate, sodium chloride, dimethicone copolyol, potassium sorbate, and citric acid

It's called Free & Clear and you can get it on Amazon. I haven't tried it yet but it got good reviews. :)

That actually sounds like a product I would like to try! Unfortunately, I don't own a credit card, and my parents wont let me order offline. Can anyone suggest a cleanser that would be widely available in stores such as Walmart, Target, or CVS?

That actually sounds like a product I would like to try! Unfortunately, I don't own a credit card, and my parents wont let me order offline. Can anyone suggest a cleanser that would be widely available in stores such as Walmart, Target, or CVS?
Your parents could order by phone via this website: http://www.natlallergy.com/prod/1254/free-...mical-free.html

It's currently on sale for 20% off.

I haven't had much luck with finding hypoallergenic cleansers in stores, unfortunately.

My recommendations would be:

Spectro Jel (you gotta order it from canada)

Aquanil (water based, really gentle formula)

Lumene (super gentle oil based, you can pick it up at CVS)

Good luck!

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to look into some of those. Does anyone happen to know why my eyes have problems with cetyl alcohol? I know I'm not allergic; my eyes just sting if any product containing that ingredient touches my face. It really sucks because most gentle cleansers contain cetyl alcohol.